Unreal 4.15 - Swarm Agent failed to kick off

Hi guys, i have been trying to build the lights in my project, but swarm agent failed everytime. I tried all the solutions that i found in this answerhub. The log error in Swarm Agent is:

0:12:18: Starting up SwarmAgent …
0:12:18: … registering SwarmAgent with remoting service
0:12:18: … registering SwarmAgent network channels
0:12:18: … initializing SwarmAgent
0:12:18: … certificate check has failed
0:12:18: … initializing cache
0:12:18: … using cache folder ‘C:/Users//AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/4.15/Saved/Swarm\SwarmCache’
0:12:18: … recreating SwarmAgent cache staging area
0:12:18: … initializing connection to SwarmCoordinator
0:12:18: … using SwarmCoordinator on RENDER-01
0:12:20: … SwarmCoordinator failed to be initialized
0:12:20: … initializing local performance monitoring subsystem
0:12:21: … initialization successful, SwarmAgent now running
0:12:21: [Interface:TryOpenConnection] Local connection established
0:12:22: [Job] Accepted Job D8A13BA7-45B9524F-6911A4B7-06563DDD
0:12:24: [Interface:OpenChannel] Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.15\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea
v1.CC2F0757AA2598765416D9CF7469EB09B77DA0D0.mtrlgz’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at NSwarm.FSwarmInterface.OpenChannel(String ChannelName, EChannelFlags ChannelFlags)
0:14:29: [RequestCacheClear] Request ignored because of active, open connections
0:14:32: [RequestCacheValidate] Request ignored because of active, open connections

I Turned off the Antivirus and Firewall, Clean Cache and delete the folder, created a new level and move all there. Nothing works…please help :confused:

Thanks!

‘C:\Users\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.15\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea
v1.CC2F0757AA2598765416D9CF7469EB09B77DA0D0.mtrlgz’ because it is being used by another process.

Follow along in that part of the Wiki I made to resolve your issue. Ultimately, once you know what process is being used that prevents Swarm from using the correct port you’ll need to solve that locally on your machine. This isn’t something that I’ll be able to really walk you through, so you’ll need to use Google and a little bit of digging. Hopefully that helps you figure out what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Hi Tim, thanks for the answer, but is not a problem about ports, as you can see in the image below:

Swarm Agent is using the port 8008, so I don’t know what is wrong

Hi everyone, I also have a problem with the swarm agent. I can not make it work on the net with my second pc, on the first machine, the one where I installed unreal4, in the SwarmStatus tells me Waiting for remote access to become available, but do not leave. On the second pc in the log i by the following errors:

[StartJobExecution] Exception was: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Binaries\DotNET/SwarmCache\Jobs\Job-F0357984-4E93988B-4A72B680-490D7F86\UnrealLightmass.exe’ is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at Agent.AgentJob.StartJobExecution()

To set the swarm I followed this video

Use a crossover network cable. Help my please and please, sorry for bad enghlish!! :slight_smile:

Anytime I’ve run into this: C:\Users\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.15\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea\ v1.CC2F0757AA2598765416D9CF7469EB09B77DA0D0.mtrlgz’ because it is being used by another process.

it’s because of materials with duplicate names. Try searching for them in your content browser and renaming the dupes

make sure that there is no error or warning in the Message log windows