Unofficial UE4 Launcher for Linux (download assets from the marketplace)

Hello, everyone.

I started using Unreal Engine recently, and as a Linux user, I was disappointed that there there was no UE4 Launcher for Linux. So, I decided to build my own cross-platform UE4 Launcher.

It’s still an early work in progress, so please be careful with it, and file any issues you have if you try it.

Currently, it supports launching projects and downloading and installing assets from the marketplace.

I hope to continue developing it until it has all of the features of the official launcher.

Screenshots!

5 Likes

Oh nice! This should be really useful for linux users :slight_smile:

The UI for your launcher looks great, it feels very close to the look of the Windows Launcher. I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on this project.

this is very nice, but I had download issues. (timeout)

I know this topic is “old”, but I want to call attention to it again because it is working!

I first tried “ue4-mp-downloader” (as it was the first result on google) but it did not work, I almost giveup…
Trying to download anything directly from firefox also did not work.

So instead of replying on every other thread saying this downloader is working very well, just bumping this thread is wiser.

And I just downloaded an essential thing to my not yet ready project that will make a big difference!

Thx vm!

TIPS:

• I used a google linked account as a signin method (just in case you try something else, this method is working!)
  • Trying to download more than one asset simultaneously did not work, but of course that is not a problem at all, just be patient!
  • downloaded assets will look the same, but clicking on them will show to what version you already have’m

TIP:

• even if it says “asset instalation failed” it will still be working on it, just check the console log (run it on xterm). So no need to request again, just wait it end.

obs.: I cant find a way to edit my post above to not bump the thread…

I am unable to install this launcher properly on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I think this launcher is not up to date with the latest electron module?

More Details: Doesn't install as expected · Issue #22 · nmrugg/UE4Launcher · GitHub

You’re an absolute legend!!!

Awesome it works. It might need to be updated since some of the modules have been deprecated. But here is what I did to get it to work.

You need to install NPM.

Then you need to install Electron.
sudo npm i electron -g

Install the missing modules.
npm install request
npm install --save @electron/remote

Then launch.
npm start