Unknown actor appearing at runtime only

Hi,

When I play my level, there is an untextured sphere appearing at runtime. I have no idea what this sphere is and why i appears at runtime. Any ideas? And how can I remove it?

Thanks!

Hey @CeChaos936!

Try running the game in the editor viewport and pressing “Shift + F1” to free your mouse cursor, then near where you press play to run the game there is an Eject button. From there you should be able to click on the sphere and it will tell you what it is- maybe that will give you a clue!

Let us know what you find out!

1 Like

I’m using a “Set View Target with Blend” node to lock the camera to the spout cam at runtime.
Weirdly, when I remove this connection the sphere is gone. Other weird thing is that the sphere appears at random location but always within the frame of the camera.

I have no idea where it can come from.

I mean this is kind of a literal “UFO” situation as it is an unidentified flying object but much like those things… Bring pictures and video! :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re certainly going to have to do that for us to have any idea at this point. Also I think it might be the spout cam placeholder you’re seeing, I’m not sure as I haven’t messed with the spoutcam functionality at any point. :\

Bring us some pictures and let’s see what we can see!

Here’s the sphere… I’ve put all my actors on invisible and it’s still here. I tried to click on the eye in the outliner at runtime on the yellow objects (default pawn, gamemodebase etc.) but it didnt change anything. I have no idea what it could be.

And here’s the BP that use the spout cam at runtime

Hey @CeChaos936

that sphere represents your current default pawn. You can see it because you change your point of view / the camera with SetViewTargetWithBlend. Have a look at these posts:

It worked with setting the default pawn class to none. Thank you guys for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like