Uninstalling Datasmith

Hello everyone,

I tried every way to delete Datasmith talked here in the forum but no avail. I searched for registry files; none there is

I searched for Datasmith files, there is none

But I still got this error

I even uninstalled my Max and Unreal and reinstalled them.

Can anyone help me ?

Do you remember the old version of your datasmith exporter for 3DSMax?

Assuming you are on windows, you could try to download the installer for that previous version here, just copy/paste this url and replace ‘X’ and ‘Y’ by the corresponding digit of the 5.X.Y version you have installed.

Then run the installer and see if you can use it to uninstall the version: hopefully you will have repair and uninstall option when you run the installer.

https://unrealstudio.epicgames.com/UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_5_X_Y.msi

Nope. Tried it before opening this post. No use, can’t find a single document to delete also a registry to delete too. Downloaded all of the installers back to 5.5 tried every Repair/Uninstall or the others. I need to see a log why it can’t be found and deleted but I don’t know where to look

Did you try to look at the log like describe in this post?

Running the installer from command line with msiexec and adding some parameters for log

e.g. with Sketchup installer: msiexec /i UnrealDatasmithSketchupExporter_X_XX_X.msi /lvx* Install_Log_SketchupDatasmith