Uneven, pixelated and sharp shadows issue

I have this issue where the shadows are really uneven and pixelated.
I already tried setting Lighting maps of the meshes to 4096 and rebuilt the lighting but there is no difference between 512 and 4096 it always looks like this.
Any help or pointers on what I have to do to resolve this are appreciated :slight_smile:

(checker map is not perfectly straight because the outer mesh is suppossed to be dented, which is hard to see with the checker texture applied)

1 Like

I increased the polygons of the ribs, that made the shadow a bit less wobbly, but it still has those spikes.
I also disabled Lumen but nothing is working so far.
I also attached the .fbx to this post (the mesh is not perfectly alligned anymore because I tried so many iterrations now and didnt care to allign the array modifier till this issue is gone)

tunnel-ribs-1.fbx (1.1 MB)

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the tip, didn’t help in my instance.
With directional lights the shadows seem fine and increasing the Shadow Resolution Scale in the Point Light didn’t fix this sadly.

2 Likes

Same for me in UE 5.2, increasing the shadow resolution scale of the point light doesn’t do anything. Also, increasing the light map resolution of the mesh does absolutely nothing. The only thing that worked was switch from Virtual Shadow Maps (Beta) back to Shadow Maps in the project settings.

1 Like