underwater sound effect?

hello!
so i would like all the sounds that occur underwater to have an “underwater feel” to it. the problem is, in one level the water is rising and in another one there are sounds that play regardless of being in or out of the water.

so i was imagining adding “lowpass” audio effect to a post processing volume that follows water vision but i didn’t see any options for that.

how can i achieve this? underwater sound effect that filters all the other sounds?

The new audio engine has lowpass submixes (amongst other effects) that work really well. Mix in with some audio ducking layered with underwater sfx I think you could get something pretty interesting.

Documentation isn’t great but there’s some in original New Audio Engine thread.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/audio/116874-new-audio-engine-early-access-quick-start-guide

Here’s a nice ducking tutorial Mixing Non-Linear Audio in Unreal Engine Using Sound Classes and Ducking - YouTube

Don’t have any hard and fast rules for you. I’ve never done this so I’d take me some experimentation. I don’t think ducking+low band pass will be enough. I personally would use those plus layer on some pre-designed under water audio on top.

That will depend on what you’re trying to achieve - a deep sea dive would be very different some a swimming pool.