Unable to "Reel-in" my grappling hook tether when on ground, works fine while airborne. FPS VR

I have attached my current blueprint. So in my VR project, while airborne I am able to swing freely from posts when tethered completely fine, “Reel in” the tether to move towards the anchor point fine, fall freely. I have disabled friction on my FirstPersonCharacter as well as the other option, denumeration(?), that would otherwise slow my character. When I eventually hit the ground however, I can tether to walls and reel in fine- sliding across the ground like I am on ice completely working as intended. Unfortunately, if I try to tether to a pole above me though, I move maybe 2 inches upwards and am “stuck” in the ground. If I shoot a grapple towards a wall, higher than my character, I only move jittery towards the wall slowly instead of at an angle. It is as if there is no upward force acting on my character.

Is anyone able to see a glaring issue? I can post a video once I get back to my house if the explanation wasn’t clear enough.