Unable to publish due to Verse Persistence Data and Color.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

No changes have been made to the fields in the persistent data, but when the map was published it was told that the Verse persistent data was not backward compatible with the current active version, so it could not be published.
The error log shows a Script error for Assets.verse and an error for the material name or Verse.org.Colors.color used.
*The same error will occur even if you delete the target material from the content browser.

error log:
~Assets.verse(503,35, 503,40): Script error 3588: Ambiguous identifier
[material_name] or Verse.org.Colors.color errors.com.epicgames.cookplugin.cookfailure

Steps to Reproduce

This happens every time I try to publish a map.

Expected Result

No errors occur.

Observed Result

The above error occurs.

Platform(s)

windows

Additional Notes

I tried to revert the version that passed the review on August 18th to August 26th and publish it, but the same error occurs.

This is the reference image.

hi @meta_rou ,
There have been several post on this problems
Unable to publish after renaming ambiguous material parameter - verse color error. - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

and

COLOR VERSE ERROR - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

and watch for any posts on

Fortnite Ecosystem v31.00 with Known Issues - General / Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

hi @Jimbohalo10

Thanks for sharing the information.
I tried everything, but the situation did not change.

I will continue to try various things and will write here if there are any changes.

FORT-783671 incident has been created. Status is ‘Unconfirmed’.

1 Like