Unable to post on development/programming/blueprint

Hello,

I’m trying to post a question under the blueprint section of the Q&A but I’m getting constant errors, am I just being really dumb? Please help :sweat_smile:

I go to the page I want to post to…

I fill out my title and question (I don’t know why it put 2 “question” tags but it deletes both if I delete one)

I get an error, I need to include particular tags…

I’m unable to add the specific tags they’re asking for??

try adding an unreal version like UE5 or UE4 or both. I think more tags will get unlocked that way

Well, the same problem - it doesn’t work. There is no UE5 in tags)

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your reply!
It doesn’t seem to find any category or tag under unreal engine 4 or 5 (or ue4/ue5) :frowning:

I’m also now getting an error on top of that, that says “Blueprint doesn’t accept the tag unreal-engine” (that I’m not including because it doesn’t seem to exist) and to remove it, but if I untick the Unreal engine box at the top, it tells me I need to include an application :upside_down_face:

I’m glad it isn’t just me…

Busted for me too. The CPP, UE5-0 etc tags which are required to post don’t show up in the search and can’t be added manually.

Well, the strange fact: as I can see, there is NO any available tag from that list:

And yet “you must include at least 1” … :upside_down_face:

Same here, can’t post anything…

Hey all—when we migrated the Capturing Reality content in, we clearly disrupted some functionality on the site and we’ve been working to correct this.

Would you mind trying to post again?

Doesn’t work for me, same problem still.

Still the same problem here.

Hey, @ilozen, and @MaxCambs.

We’ve removed previous category restrictions while we work towards a fix to that functionality. You should be good to post where you need to. Thank you and everyone else for your patience during this time! :slight_smile:

I get access denied when I try to post…

Where in the forums are you trying to post? This will help us narrow down the problem.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry I was posting in the wrong place, thank you for your answer.

I am still having this issue when trying to create new topics in any category :slight_smile: also search is giving me errors when not using filters.

Same problem here. Trying to post question:
in Development with tags (Blueprint, Post-Processing, Rendering) - An application must be selected to create a topic.
in Development | Programming & Scripting | Blueprint with tags (Blueprint, Post-Processing, Rendering) - An application must be selected to create a topic.
in Development | Programming & Scripting | Blueprint with tags (Question, Blueprint, Post-Processing, Rendering) - An error occurred: The “question” tag cannot be used in the “Blueprint” category. Please remove it.
in Development | Rendering with tags (Question, Post-processing, scenecapture2d) - An error occurred: The “question” tag cannot be used in the “Rendering” category. Please remove it.
in Development | Rendering with tags (Post-processing, scenecapture2d) - An application must be selected to create a topic.

Well, after 2 hours of attempts I found out that unreal-engine TAG is required for every question. And the “question” tag is not required. Very strange…

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I still cannot post… See attached image. Any suggestions?

Cheers!