Unable to log into Unreal Academy / Online Learning

Yes, I know this is an old thread I’m necro’ing… Thought it best to drudge it up to bring attention to how unattended this subject is.

EDIT: Welp, seems I totally missed this most recent update, though it’s not an official statement by Epic, and I was previously able to access UA just fine, so not 100% on accuracy:

It is now mid-2024. I had a learning path/curriculum mapped out, and this is all destroyed due to the issues with Unreal Academy. It’s very strange how this golden resource of knowledge has been left in the dusty past.

Here’s an overview of the journey on the Unreal Academy now…

Clicking login

After clicking “Log in with your Epic Games Account”

This routes to https://academy.unrealengine.com/login/no_account.php

WTF. Okay, heading back to main page, and then to Find learning

Oh. Maybe we do have guest access, no earning badges or any sort of tracking, but we’re getting somewhere!

Nope. Every single card for any given course/path just has a description. No links to the given “thing”. Now it seems that Unreal Academy is a paid resource? That theory is based on this little bit at the bottom of the main landing page:

The “Looking for free learning resources?” bit implies that what we see at Unreal Academy is not free.

I did a good amount of searching both in the various Unreal Engine communities and with Google-fu in general, and cannot find any solid communication or clarification on what the heck is going on here.

Epic people… The last communication seems to be that we had to reach out to an obscure support email to have someone manually repair our account, seemingly because someone unplugged the wrong wire somewhere. Then that was it. Nada. And no one that did so, seemed to have any success.

Can we PLEASE get access back to this resource? Or if you have to break hearts and tell your community that UA is now a cool kids club and we are no longer cool enough, rip the band-aid off rather than leaving it a painful mystery.

Apologies again for the necro, I’ll be storming off dramatically like a spoiled 5 year old girl now…

1 Like