Unable to launch UE 4.27 project on the Oculus Quest 1 and 2

I’m trying to launch a Oculus Quest 1 and 2 project from the Unreal Engine 4.27 preview binary version. The project launches without any issues on Unreal Engine 4.26 and UE4.25. However now every time I try to launch this project (or a project made in 4.27) in 4.27, it just doesn’t work. It runs the game but eventually it’ll stop running the project. Now I don’t know if it crashes or just shut downs for some other weird reason. However there aren’t any errors shown in the Output Log. It only shows warnings that tell me about some known incorrect sRGB profiles. Which it doesn’t do in UE4.26.

Here’s my log form the point when the project runs on my headset. It runs for a while but it quickly shuts down the application. I can’t start up the application on the headset itself either, because it’ll just end up with the same results.

Maybe someone knows what the issue can be, if I need to enable or disable certain settings specifically in 4.27. I appreciate any advice or insight you might send my way.

D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Public\OpenGLResources.h
在这里面把以下函数的//Texture->RestoreEvictedGLResource(false);这个方法注释掉,就可以正常运行OpenGl的项目了。
void AliasResources(class FOpenGLTextureBase* Texture)
{
VERIFY_GL_SCOPE();
// restore the source texture, do not allow the texture to become evicted, the aliasing texture cannot re-create the resource.
//Texture->RestoreEvictedGLResource(false);
Resource = Texture->Resource;
SRVResource = Texture->SRVResource;
bIsAliased = 1;
}

或者打包vulkan,并且关掉OpenXR,SteamVR等其他除了OculusVR相关的插件。也可以运行。

Are you using OpenGL or Vulkan? Enable Vulkan and make sure Mobile Multi-View is enabled, and Mobile HDR is disabled.

Testing the VR template - new 4.27.0p4 project.
The build is installed on the Quest. When running it on the Quest, the Unreal logo is displayed first (with some text over it: ‘app may not work on a secondary screen’. After that a first person view (rectangular view floating in space). Can’t move, no fullscreen VR, moving the hands moves 2 dots on this view. Only way to get out of this is restarting the Quest. Anyone a suggestion whats wrong here?
See logcat here:
debug.log (186.2 KB)

Hey @maxbrown!

In P4 the “OculusOpenXR”-plugin isn’t enabled (it is on Main) - enable the OculusOpenXR plugin and the VR Template should launch on Quest as intended.

1 Like

thanks for this - it works again.

1 Like