Unable to launch session or play on private code ONLY ON CERTAIN PLATFORMS, seems to be an issue on Epic's side.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Summary

My project produces the following warning in the output log and fails when trying to launch a session on an Xbox One S console, LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOS: FEpicGamesPlatform::GetOnlinePlatformType - unable to map None to EOS_OnlinePlatformType. I have tested 3 Xbox One S devices, and they all have the issue. I have also tried loading up a private code on them and they produce an error. I have tried launching session with other projects on these same devices and there was no errors. So it seems my project does not work on certain platforms and I have no clue why.

The weird thing is that there are no issues launching sessions or with private code on PC and Xbox Series S. I don’t have the devices to test on other platforms, but it seems that only certain platforms have the issue. When trying to load up with a private code it produces the “Matchmaking Error #1, unable to generate content for this experience” error code.

Steps to Reproduce

Attempt to launch session or load into private code on a Xbox One S or an Xbox Series X.

Expected Result

Load into session, successful matchmaking.

Observed Result

Matchmaking error, sometimes after up to 15 minutes of loading.

Platform(s)

Xbox One S, Xbox Series X

Island Code

2368-0586-1650

Additional Notes

My team and I put 5 months of work into this project and now have been hit with a mysterious error with no idea how to fix it. If a staff member can help us or at least explain the issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what show up in the output log when trying to launch session on Xbox One S

Hi @Elzuro
Your Xbox problem sound like the thread
UEFN Live Sessions Don’t Launch Onto Xbox One - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Only the latest versions of Fornite for Xbox automatically update.
The error you have was fixed in recent update of Fortnite

In the bottom left should see 31.00 [35447195] Every time the game goes to lobby.
In 31.00 when UEFN connect you get message in the top left saying “UEFN is joining your game”

If you do not have that on your screen you need to manually update as described in thread
Thanks

The status of FORT-783115 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Duplicate’