Unable to join UEFN Edit Session after v42.10

Summary

Cannot start UEFN Edit Session with Team Members/Collaborators due to error “Unable To Connect To Beacon”

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Editor

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Start up UEFN Editor as usual.
  2. Start preferred project up while in lobby with teammate.
  3. Launch Session on PC.

Expected Result

  1. Editor starts up match, but the game does not seem to recognise that it has started. Lobby/Fortnite gives the player an error notification. (Usually “Unable To Connect To Beacon”.)

Observed Result

  1. Get stuck in lobby with a notification saying “Cannot change gamemode while in a UEFN Edit Session. Ask the editor to close session or leave the party.” OR “Unable To Connect To Beacon” OR any of the other matchmaking errors.

I’m able to join the UEFN Edit Session on my own, but whenever I want to work together with my team (which are all added to the correct project), it gives us this outcome. Only one teammate somehow got through these errors and was able to join.

Only one line in the logs is red, which reads as following:

LogHotfixManager: Error: /Game/Athena/Balance/DataTables/CashPricingItemDef.CashPricingItemDef: Duplicate row name ‘/DrivingNebula/Gameplay/WID_DrivingNebula.WID_DrivingNebula’.

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

2 Likes

bumping

1 Like

I am having the same issue, can we please have this fixed

I’ve tried everything I can think of to try to join my own test sessions with a second client. I’m getting Error Code 3 and 5. I’m also getting the exact same “Cannot change gamemode while in a UEFN Edit Session. Ask the editor to close session or leave the party.”

All of this was working prior to 42.10. Unsure if 42.10 is the culprit, but it was just prior to 42.10 that I last did a two client test this way without issue. Something has definitely changed with party and matchmaking because I used to be able to simply join an Edit Session with my second (console) client after the session had already started. I could just find my main account on the friend’s list, from the lobby, “Join Party”, then click the big yellow “Join” button to join the session.

Now, when a session has already started and my main account hasn’t partied up yet, the “Join Party” option is not there. Now I have to request to join party. This is very different from the last time I did all this.

It is extremely important that we get this fixed. If we can’t test any mechanics that involve more than one player, we’re basically just hoping that everything works the way it’s supposed to and that’s terrible game design. I’m very surprised more people aren’t having this problem.

As a follow up, this thread appears to be in the wrong section. It has the UEFN tag, but when I went back to the main “Issues and Bug Reporting” category, I wasn’t seeing this thread showing up. So I wondered whether my reply was being moderated or something. Well there’s two different “Issues and Bug Reporting”. One seems to be specific to “Unreal Engine” (where this is posted). And the other seems to be for all UEFN stuff. Here’s what I’m seeing:

UEFN: https://forums.unrealengine.com/tags/c/general/issues-and-bug-reporting/172/fortnite/11425

Unreal Engine: https://forums.unrealengine.com/tags/c/general/issues-and-bug-reporting-unreal-engine/243/fortnite/11425

Note the subtle URL difference in the “issues-and-bug-reporting” part. At the very least this will probably cause many people confusion. I’m just hoping a bunch of UEFN related issues don’t get put in “” and never seen by the right staff.

There’s a big thread that was going on a few days ago for this exact issue. Rhyan has stated this will be adressed (and thus hopefully fixed) in this week’s update! ^^ It turns out to be a console-side issue. Team members that play on PC should be able to join still as far as I know.

1 Like

Also yeah, whoops.. It’s my first time properly trying to use the forums on desktop, haha