Unable to Install APK to Phone

I have the blank starter project in Unreal Engine 5, and I wanna make a mobile game. However when attempting to test if it’ll run on my phone it refuses to install with the error “adb: failed to install CrashGame-Android-Shipping-arm64.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]”. My phones supported ABI is “armeabi-v7a”. I’ve tried several things, and none of them have worked.

2 Likes

Does anyone know why this is? I’ve tried searching online just to find 0 things that help

2 Likes

because the architecture is different . you can’t run arm64-based apps on armeabi-v7a arch. system it looks like UE5 don’t support 32 bit so there is no option in project settings to fix this …you can use 4.27 version of UE if you want to package a game that supports armv7…

1 Like

in the android build settings
down lower
disable x64 and enable building arm7
build and try
depending on your phone you might have to add vulkan
but probably not if its an arm7
you might also try specifically building only astc or dxt or etc noot multi

Unable to uncheck arm64, using UE5.03

Will try to set this up with UE4.27.

yes stay away from unreal 5, it looks like they left out features they should have kept.

im upset, as I feel as I am using an apple computer again with them breaking everything after every update

Even with 4.27 the supported Android versions are no longer supported by Google. I have tried to bring this to the attention a month ago UE 4.27: Android NDK no longer supported for new Apps

Since August 2022 if you start a new Google App you can not make this happen with Unreal Engine.

When I get back to this I will probably use Unity for my Android App.