Unable to debug packaged build in 5.1

I’m getting an error when executing seamless travel on packaged builds, that doesn’t occur in the editor. I’m now trying to debug to have a chance of finding the root of the issue, but for some reason debug symbols aren’t being loaded to see where in the source code the exception is occurring.

• I have the engine source and editor symbols for debugging
  • I’ve packaged using the DebugGame configuration
  • \Binaries\Win64 contains _____DebugGame.exe and the corresponding .pdb file

When debugging it will catch the exception but say the source is unavailable. I can see from the call stack it happens in ULevel::GetWorldSettings(bool) function.

• I’ve used Visual studio to open the _____DebugGame.exe and started debugging
  • I’ve also tried using the standard project sln and attaching it to the running _____DebugGame.exe

I’ve spent many hours trying to be able to be able to debug this packaged build with no luck. Is there anything I’m missing?

Bump. I’m surprised there isn’t more documentation on debugging a packaged build. The very few examples I can find are UE4 and do what I’ve tried doing and correctly break into the source code.

Bump… Really no one debugs a packaged build?

Were you found something in dump file? Or 5.1.1 may fixed it.

yeah having the same problem… tried many solutions around like rebooting, increasing max number of modules, regenerating project files, nothing works.

I can debug and ue source symbols load perfectly fine for ____GameEditor, but not ____Game.

I really need to debug packaged!