[UMG] - UserWidget == nullptr Why?!

Hey all, I posted a similar question before and using implementable events helped with these variables but here is the question.

Question
I have a customer UserWidget in another Widget as seen below:

230262-capture.png

Now Say I want to access a method or even to get a reference to this widget, I should easily be able to as it surely already exists. However it always seems to return nullptr and that makes no sense to me. Maybe I’m missing something with blueprints or something else but it’s frustrating to say the least.

That output will always produce “Was Null”, even though the panel is right there, I don’t see how it could be null. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. I’m not even trying to do anything with the widget yet, I just want to know it exists so I can access it’s methods.

Thanks for your time.

The first image shows the stats panel in the widget heirachy, but I’m not sure what the second image is supposed to be showing? Is that in a blueprint or in the top level widget?

Basically, is the W_Stat_VB_Panel just in a blueprint and not set, or is it linked in the widget to W_Stat_VB_Panel? Does the panel show up in the widget designer?