I am introducing new Widget system which provides functionality of creating blueprint UWidgets and exposing them to UMG PaletteCategory!
Recent version: 4.21
Marketplace link: Templates UMG in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
Discord support: TefelDev
Example project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ho…ol_qZJ2Rnowhvv
How it works?
Simply use one of 12 provided DefaultWidgets as BaseClass for your UWidget or create ChildBlueprint from provided UWidgets.
So every widget can be simply defined in default class and reused as normal UWidget (default Unreal Widget) without necessity of creating UUserWidgets.
Whole system is more encapsulated and secure because of moving all Style properties to be edited by default only. So in the end there is only one place where look of specific template widget is defined.
In addition to the system of DefaultWidgets creation I provide completely new widgets ready to use with your game! There is small list below and graphics but for sure you will find even more after release!
Every single widget is created in code. There are no exceptions.
Everything is presented in user-friendly form of Unreal Engine interactive level presentation. There are multiple examples of every single widget and custom templates creation.
One of many new widget examples - PieChart:
Or exposed existing Unreal Engine Widgets with full customization look like Content Directory Tree:
Do I need to define widget style in class defaults?
If you don’t want to use hiding style properties but only use Custom Widgets you can disable **DefineStyleInClassDefaults **in ProjectSettings -> TemplatesUMG!
Can I define my own categories in PalletteCategory?
Yes, of course you can create many different categories like: MyBlueStyleWidgets, MainMenuElements etc.
But why UWidgets?
- in fact new UWidget is only data structure and whole logic is implemented still in **code **that’s why is more performant than UserWidgets
- assets in comparison to UserWidgets are much smaller. For example simple implementation of Button in UserWidgets takes **50kb **when UWidget only 5kb.
- there is no need to create **many dispatchers **for events because it just works like standard “White” UE4 Widgets
- in many cases like selectable list, radiobutton list, checkbox list, content directory tree, graph, charts it just provides more functionality
- every widget has **custom Icon **so it can be easily recognized in the PaletteCategory, no more blue boxes as icons
- every widget can belongs to custom Category, so in the end can be organize better
- it can be still combined with other UUserWidgets
Is plugin safe to use?
Absolutely! Templates UMG plugin was tested in the Editor and all types of Build configurations!
What about price?
I want to keep plugin relatively cheap and add much more Content into it! I am considering thinking about 20€ prize.
When I can expect plugin in the Marketplace?
Hopefully as soon as possible. Currently is in the review stage.
I would love to know your opinion!
Please let me know what would you like to see in the next updates of widgets?