Ultimate Touch Components v2 – swipe, pinch to zoom, virtual joysticks and much more

Hello lucasca!
Sorry for missing your message.

1. It’s very easy. Look at showcase map. There are two pinch to zoom examples and one of them is inverted. So you can see how to do this;
  2. If I right understand to you, you want to snap your camera smoothly to its initial position after moving it. It’s also easy to do - just save your camera rotation and postion when you just pressing joystick (OnJoystickPressed event) and after moving your camera and releasing joystick (OnJoytickReleased) in Event Tick check if current rotation and postion are not equal to initial then use Interp function to move your camera smoothly to saved postion and rotation. It should work for you. Let me know if you still have questions.

Good luck!

Thank you very much Acrossfy for your kind reply! I will write you after test it!

great pack…one question i have though is that if i launch from your project on my android device the joysticks for the minions show up on device but if I migrate assets to new project sticks only show up in editor not when running on device, they do however work just are not visible, im going through project at present trying to work out why this is happening, hopefully you know what is stopping them from being visible…thanks for any help

Hm… Sounds strange. Looks like an issue with textures. So you can see textures in widget while playing in editor, but can’t see them on device. Please check texture settings, packaging mode and so on. Also you can send me your test project, so I will try to see what’s wrong.

well all i have done is migrate the controller and minion blueprints to a new project, i have gone through all settings and replicated yours from original project exactly also tried joystick textures in UI domain but joysticks will not show up on device from migrated project but work fine on device from your original marketplace project…all im doing is possessing the the controller blueprint from level blueprint in migrated project which works fine in editor but as mentioned before sticks work and control minions on device but are just not visible…im trying to work out if you are doing something else with the blueprints in your original project that allows sticks to show up on device…im interested to see if the same happens to you if you also migrate the assets to a new project

We do nothing special to migrate assets from initial project to the new one. Just moving core folder or core + desired pawn. Migration tool should recount all the references and migrate all related stuff as well. Look at the tutorial video - you can see there migration process as well. And we have no issues with new project on devices. So I think it would be good to get your specific project for tests.

So I just created a new map in your marketplace project and copied controller and minions to that map and the same thing happens…but if the demo map is run on device the sticks show up…so its something that is happening in the demo map that allows the sticks to be visible on the device…i suspect it involves the widgets being drawn to screen when that section of demo is triggered and that condition must be present for it to render on device, im running on android so i cant say if this happens on ios…im thinking that maybe your pawn possession macro might have to be used for it work on device, eventually i will work it out but you need to address this in your tutorial videos otherwise people are gonna be ripping their hair out when they actually try to use it on a device…

It’s still very hard to say something without seeing your project or your changes in the initial project, but it may be because of HUD class that you’re using. Widgets need valid HUD to be drawn on the screen. I will do addtional tests later today, but it would be good to have your example as well. At least your new map in the initial project.

yeah its a strange problem, my map is just a blank new map with with the controller pawn getting possessed and the same minion BPs from demo map, so thats all you have to do to replicate it… ill look into what the hud is doing in demo map…one thing i did notice is that there is parenting involved in drawing the widgets maybe somehow this is not working when running on device on a differnt map…but as i said before its some condition that is happening in the demo map that allows the widgets to work on device

im just possessing the controller as such
fbb68eecc6d0beacbd1b2522605520afef04908d.jpeg
and using the standard world settings from demo map including hud…also added exit button hud just to test ill send the map in a pm at some point

any update on the sticks for the minion BPs showing up on device @Acrossfy after your testing?..im keen to know if this happened to you as well, it really intrigues me as to why it only works on that specific map…

With the other control schemes you dont really need the sticks to be visible as long as the player knows which way/where to move their fingers and in that respect your controls are the best ive used yet especially for FPS movement on mobile, but with the minion(multiple pawns) the sticks being visible is pretty essential, epecially for the game idea i want to use it for…if you dont have a solution in a few days ill start trying to work through it again since the demo lvl runs fine im assuming there is no problem with my testing device…thanks for any help

Hello,

Finally I found a time to check your issue. And I found a reason. Actually there are two reasons:

1. Delay issue - UE4 has UMG delay issue on mobile platforms and current Joystick Widget is not listening to my “screen size changing event” (it’s private in base UTCComponent);
  2. Possession issue - you’re possessing Pawn differently than me. And current version of UTCComponent is not working well with this way.

I will fix these issues with upcoming update, but for now you can use this workaround (just add additional nodes in your minion pawn like on screenshot):

This solution is working well for me. Let me know if it works for you.

Yep that did the trick thanks so much for your help and thanks for the pack itself, i would advise anyone interested in mobile dev to pick it up even been testing it with a mobile driving game prototype which before was unplayable with standard sticks

Hi there!
Just wondering, is there way to realize sort of “swipe to look” control (for aiming weapon)? It’s not necessary actually perform swipe move, maybe setup second joystick to rotate character after finger moves? (good example will be any good FPS like NOVA3 or Modern Combat ).

Sorry for bad English.

Hello Ambrellich,

Look at the last examples in Preview video. Is that what you want?

Hello Acrossfy! Thank’s for reply!

Yes, but with functionality like in this video:

Nearest idea - is in your example scene “Test multi touch in editor”.

Hi Acrossfy,
I’m interrested in your pack, but I’ve got one question before I buy it :
is there a way to use the mobile device as a controller only, displaying a specific screen ? Like amenu, or joysticks and so, but not the game itself (which would be displayed on a screen).
Well like a wiiU controller per example.
Thanks a lot !

Sup! Nice lib!
Quick question: Is there hide/unhide (enable/disable) option? I don’t see it

Great Update Thanks for that, also the 3rd person shooter character is a great addition to the examples

Hello iRYO400!
Just use Activate/Deactivate methods.

You can use UTC for touch controls in your remote controller application for sure. But extra logic like connecting to the actual game, transferring of events and so on will be completely on your shoulders.