Ultimate Touch Components v2 – swipe, pinch to zoom, virtual joysticks and much more

You’re welcome!)

Hello, i bought the touch pack and encountered a small issue. While moving with the joystick if i touch a button with another finger the joystick dissapears and my pawn stops.

Hello LuLima!

Thanks for this elegant solution to touch controls, will be buying it soon for my game :stuck_out_tongue:

I use this stuff in my game CHASERS and it works brilliantly! Thank you @Acrossfy for outstanding experience! :smiley:

Very cool game! Good job gameDNA studio!

Does it works with UE 4.12 and under Windows 10 in C++ (not BP only) projects?

Sure. It will works, but you will need to create blueprint class for your character derived from your character’s C++ class to use this.

Brilliant stuff. Quick question though, can you point me in the right direction in terms how to readjust the blueprint to only have the rotate capability? In other words, I just want to be able to control the rotation of my pawn swiping anywhere on the screen without having the ability to walk around? Many thanks.

is this work with window multitouch feature in 4.14 ?

Hi Acrossfy,
Thanks for the great plugin! I want to ask you somethings about it.
I’m developing an application for product presentation. It uses only a camera which orbit around my object and a zoom in and out.
On windows it works good, but now I’m trying to change the input setting for the touch devices.
I’m using your plugin: Utc Joystick Component for orbit around the object, and UTC Pinch Component for zoom.
I have some question about these two:

1. Actually, using the Pinch Component, if I bring near 2 fingers the camera zoom in and if I enlarge them the camera zoom out. Is possible invert the action to “bring near > zoom out” and “enlarge > zoom in”?
  2. Using the Utc Joystick Component I can orbit with the camera around an object, but I would that the camera after input and touch release finish to orbit as a “roulette” (centripetal force) . Is possible to set up this?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply!

Hello vrMan, yep it works with Windows since 4.14.

Hello Michal, you can do this by changing value of control rotation of your character.

Hello Acrossfy, Your plugin is awesome, very easy to use but I have a trouble with windows multitouch feature in 4.14. I used your Utc Joystick Component for Rotation camera around character, UTC Pinch Component for zoom. It worked fine with version 4.13 but when I converted my project to 4.14, it didn’t work even rotation. When I try to turn off “Use mouse for touch” option in input setting it worked but i cant interactive with my hud widget anymore. Please help me fix this issue! Thanks!
P/s: my project run in windows 10 multitouch screen, not for mobile.

Hello ngtrongtuan!
Is it only in editor or in packaged builds too?

It is both in editor and packaged builds, it only got issue when I touch on my windows screen. If I turn off “Use mouse for touch” option, I need to hold touch on screen about 2s to active button menu. So I dont want to do that, I want to “Use mouse for touch” for fast touch in menu.

Could you please send me to “acrossfy @ gmail.com” your project sample so I could test it on my device?

sure, but I will try again with your project and then ask you later

Edit: Here is my quick test your project sample with my device.

If I enable “use mouse for touch” multitouch work fine but single touch will have issue.

Ok Symon, I see. I will try to test it on as many windows devices as I can. I will get back to you with my solution soon.

Hi Acrossfy,
can you reply please to my message? Thank you.