Uefy 2.0 (Pro Edition) make Blender's rigify rigs compatible with UE5, also has a FREE version

I can add all the included skeletons to the scene without any issue on my end. You’ll need to provide more context and details than that. What version of blender are you using and what steps did you take to see this?

I can also confirm the exact error log trace as @oliwarrior

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\uefy\extra.py", line 623, in execute
self.load_file(context, self.filename)
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\uefy\extra.py", line 593, in load_file
bpy.ops.text.run_script(override)
File "A:\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 199, in __call__
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), C_dict, kw, C_exec, C_undo)
RuntimeError: Error: Python script failed, check the message in the system console

This error crops up as soon as I attempt to create the meta rig. I followed your tutorial multiple times with the same error. I am using Blender 2.8.3.4 and UEFY -2_0_1.

Still not able to replicate the error using Blender 2.83.4 and uefy 2.0.1, it is working for me. I will need to see the entire log not just the bottom portion and what message it says in the system console.

If someone is experiencing this error please contact me on pm with details if you can.

Is this the log that you need?

Read prefs: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: A:\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\python
Info: Deleted 3 object(s)

FBX Import: start importing C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\UEFY\SK_Mannequin.FBX
FBX version: 7500
FBX import: Prepare...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Templates...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Nodes...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Connections...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Meshes...
Done (1.015625 sec)

FBX import: Materials & Textures...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Cameras & Lamps...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Objects & Armatures...
Done (0.078125 sec)

FBX import: ShapeKeys...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Assign materials...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Assign textures...
Done (0.000000 sec)

FBX import: Cycles z-offset workaround...
Done (0.000000 sec)

Done (1.171875 sec)

Import finished.
File "\mannequin_metarig_export.py", line 1178, in <module>
File "\mannequin_metarig_export.py", line 13, in create
AttributeError: 'Armature' object has no attribute 'rigify_colors'
Error: Python script failed, check the message in the system console
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\uefy\extra.py", line 623, in execute
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\uefy\extra.py", line 593, in load_file
File "A:\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 199, in __call__
RuntimeError: Error: Python script failed, check the message in the system console

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

Also I would like to add that the meta rig does appear in the hierarchy, but it is not in the view port.

Yes it is! Thank you for posting that.

So the trouble is that you do not have rigify addon enabled. Go to blender Edit -> Preferences -> Addons -> Search for Rigify and make sure it is enabled. While you are there also search for FBX and make sure that is enabled too.

Once you’ve done that there will not be any error.

That worked!. I forgot all about enabling rigify. What an awkward moment haha. I really appreciate your support and I love the plugin. It is truly a life saver.

Thank the ancient astronauts you exist what a timesaver. Great work bud. Turns out you were also the same guy whos videos i watched to learn walk sequences so I’m doubly grateful :slight_smile:

When payday rolls around 30 pieces of silver latinum heading your way.

Favourite guy ever

I just went through the easy rigging tutorial and set up a mannequin rig. Now, I exported a mannequin animation from Unreal. How can I import this animation into the blender rig?

Blender 2.1 Released:

New Animation Editing and Pose Matching features.

The new Match Pose feature will let you create animation that can easily blend into existing marketplace animation set. In the past this had to be done by manually placing all the rigify controls. The new functions should save everyone a heap of time.

Additionally the ‘Preprocess’ functionality has been automated away. The addon will now do a preprocess and automatically correct issues, if any. This means you can now build the metarig in any order and it will always work. Great for an iterative workflow.

Uefy 2.1 is a free update. Use your existing emailed download link to get the latest file.

Do you know how I can import animations from UE4?

To export animation from UE4 you can right click an animation then Asset Actions -> Export. The video above shows the process of importing it to blender and using the Match Pose feature to transfer it to the rigify rig.

Uefy 2.1.1 Released

Uefy 2.1.1 Released! This is a maintenance update to add Blender 2.90 support. The addon is still officially supported for Blender 2.83 LTS. It is important to keep the LTS version working. But now it will also work on the latest Blender version too.

Blender’s new development paradigm is to make any change deemed necessary to their API even if it breaks compatibility with existing addons. This means all addons have a chance to stop working everytime there is a new Blender release. The way to deal with this for most addon developers is to support the LTS version which will remain stable for a couple of years.

Uefy will also be matched to the LTS releases. But in the meantime if an update can be applied without breaking the LTS version then that is what I will do. I like using the latest release :slight_smile:

This is a free update, use your existing emailed download link to get the updated version.

Dude I’ve literally tried getting my animation to import correctly for 5+ hours.

Every single time, the bones are deformed.

1. Create uefy rig
  2. Export to UE4
  3. Re-target animation to rig
  4. Use animation in combination with tutorial above\

When you export your character back to the engine does it display correctly?

I’ve got a daz character that I’ve bought into Blender 2.9 via the new daz blender bridge then converted to rigify.

Man oh man am I having trouble trying to figure out how to get uefy to work with it.

The uefy script panel detects the rig, but then I don’t know where to go from there…

• What do I use for character?
  • Where is this UE4 mannequin you use in your videos?
  • How do I generate a metarig for an existing rigify rig?

You can obtain the Unreal Mannequin from the default third person sample when you create that project. In content browser find mannequin -> right click -> Asset Actions -> Export.

Rigging with Uefy does not work backwards. The addon does not generate metarigs from already existing rigify rigs. Uefy uses the default Human Meta Rig to make changes both before and after the ‘Generate Rig’ button is pressed. Since pre-existing rigify rigs don’t have those initial changes they are not compatible.

You need to export your Daz character with simple skeleton that is similar to the Epic Skeleton bone hierarchy without any control rig like rigify.

In addition note that part of the rigging process involves applying modifiers to the character. Blender will not allow that for meshes that have ShapeKeys. So if your Daz character has any shapekeys you will need to delete them. It is possible to re-add them later but it is not a simple process and may require additional scripting beyond the addon.

I use Mixamo, Fuse, Makehuman, Engine Samples and Static Meshes (no initial skeleton). All of which can be rigged with the same process as shown in the tutorial. I don’t have any reallusion products so I am not familiar with their characters.

There is currently an issue with creating metarigs from Uefy armature menu (Shift + A -> Armatures). While you can work on existing projects in Blender 2.90 but you will need to stick the default Human Meta Rig.

The metarig creation code is autogenerated by rigify which seems incompatible with Blender 2.90 at this time. Until we get an update for this it would be best to stick with Blender 2.83 LTS version which works correctly.

Uefy 2.1.2 Released

This is a maintenance update. There was an issue with creating metarigs from the armature popup menu in Blender 2.90. This issue did not affect the LTS version. A fix has been added to this version so everything works now in both Blender 2.83 LTS and Blender 2.90.

The addon is supported for Blender 2.83 LTS which has long term support well into 2022. You can check Long-term Support — blender.org for blender’s release cycle. I will support later versions where I can as long as it doesn’t break the addon for the LTS version. If you are looking for long term stability you should stick with the LTS version.

You can use your existing emailed download link to get the latest version. If there is any issue with the download, send a reply to the email and I’ll look into it.

UPDATE: Fixed a minor issue with “Fix Mannequin” for Blender 2.90 (also did not affect Blender LTS). Latest version is now Uefy v2.1.3

I’m using Uefy 2.1.1 and I get an error when exporting my animation as an FBX.

Just tried again with Blender 2.9.0 and Uefy 2.1.3. Same error