UEFN won't open

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Summary

I tried opening UEFN (I just installed it), and it wouldn’t open. When I press launch in the Epic Games Launcher, it says running for a few seconds and then it goes to Launch, and the application does not open. How do I fix this?

Steps to Reproduce

Opened Epic Games Launcher
Launched UEFN
The application did not open

Expected Result

UEFN will open

Observed Result

UEFN did not open

Platform(s)

PC

Greetings @RayRBlocks

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Community Forum! I’d be happy to take a look into the issue. To get us started, could you provide your system specs? Thanks! (Also any crash logs)

Sounds like the same issue me and others are having: UEFN won't launch, opens and then closes immediately (FORT-724994). Sometimes it gives the “tbb.dll missing” error, other times it just doesnt say anything. This needs to be investigated asap.

4 Likes

I’m also having the same issue! My computer is pretty high end so it shouldn’t have anything to do with the specs :frowning:

1 Like

The status of FORT-725019 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

1 Like

Same issue started yesterday right before I was going to publish I feel like I tried everything. was hoping it would just open today.

I’m having exactly the same issue where it says “Running” for a few seconds and then goes back to “Launch”. Nothing opens, no new windows. I just installed UEFN today and thought UEFN just didn’t work on my machine, but nothing I’ve found online has fixed it so far, and this is the only post that seems to describe exactly what I’m running into so maybe I just decided to try UEFN at the wrong time.

4 Likes

Having the same issue, It’s the 4th time I’ve uninstalled and re-installed: same error every time: “tbb.dll missing”. this has nothing to do with specs, this is a softwaree problem. EPIC, please help!!

Same issue, says “Running” for a few seconds and then goes back to “Launch”.

Some info and specs:

• Reinstalled, verified files, and restarted computer and issue is still occurring
  • Installed the program for the first time today
  • Using Windows 10 22H2 19045.4170
  • i9-9900K
  • Nvidia GTX 1080 & Quadro P2000
  • Installed on 1TB SSD with ~100GB free
  • 64GB memory
  • I have Fortnite and UE 5.3.2 installed

It’s doing exactly the same thing for me and my friend. I’m so disappointed that I can’t launch it and work on my projects. :face_exhaling:

Same, Just installed today and having the same issue. Hope they fix it soon.

I am having the same problem! I just installed it today, but whenever I try to open it, it just says “running” for a couple of seconds and then says “open” again. I have tried reinstalling and verifying the files multiple times, but it still won’t open.

1 Like

I’m also facing the exact same issue.
I tried reinstalling UEFN 2 times, installed latest available UE , But still when i press launch its says running and then just stopped , not launching at all. whats the issue here?
My specs
MSI laptop
I7 - 11800H
32 GB Ram
RTX 3070 GPU
1 TB NVME

Same issue.

1 Like

The solution in this thread fixed my issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same issue. is there a way to get more details or logs about the launch and what errors it encountered?

Same issue here where I click launch, it will say “running” for a few seconds then will say “Launch” again. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times.

Running Windows 10
Intel Core i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Cores
RAM 63 GB
NVIDIA RTX 3090

1 Like

same issue, says “Running” for a few seconds and then just returns to “Launch”

• Windows 11
  • Intel Core i7 @ 3.7GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 SUPER
  • 3 TB SSD

I tried to check the logs, and as I can see it launches and crashes instantly.

Screenshot_54

same thing has been happening to me as well, saw this comment on the other thread that was posted and it seemed to work for others and it just worked for me as well:

2 Likes

This totally worked ran it as administrator and it opened