UEFN Validation

Can anyone help me resolve these errors?

There’s so little information provided!

I have searched Content|All and the Outliner but none of these names are mentioned.

I’m trying to bring in some content from UE5.1.1 - the guide makes it sound easy (tedious, but easy).
I have:
removed all the ORM links from the materials because of ‘soft link’ issues.
resized all the textures because they were 4k.
removed the camera sequences and the scene contents objects.
added a player spawner
adjusted to night time (it’s still insanely bright in editor, I’ll work that out later)

The project now passes all validation except this final UEFN part.

I’ve no idea if this is relevant but I found a thread where someone with a similar problem found it went away when he tried to work the next day. I restarted my system and reloaded the project, but while I was on the project select screen (before I clicked anything) I saw all these warnings turn up in the log:

LogValkyrieAccount: Verbose: Valkyrie Login Module Starting up
LogValkyrieAccount: Verbose: Valkyrie Login EditorSubsystem Initializing
LogValkyrie: Applying base permission role, plus: 
LogValkyrieAccount: Verbose: UValkyrieAccountEditorSubsystem::UpdateStatus - Logging in...
LogValkyrie: Refreshing item aliases took 1.1 sec
LogValkyrie: FValkyrieFortniteEditor::OnPostEngineInit - Editor is ready.
LogValkyrie: Refreshing item aliases took 1.1 sec
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/BattlePassS21/Items/QuestAbilities/Quest_FindCoolestPlayer/BP_S21_GA_QuestActor_FindCoolestPlayer' points to an asset that no longer exists: /BattlePassS21/Items/QuestAbilities/Quest_FindCoolestPlayer/BP_S21_GA_QuestActor_FindCoolestPlayer.BP_S21_GA_QuestActor_FindCoolestPlayer_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/BattlePassS21/QuestActors/Parents/BP_S21_GenericQuestActor_Parent' points to an asset that no longer exists: /BattlePassS21/QuestActors/Parents/BP_S21_GenericQuestActor_Parent.BP_S21_GenericQuestActor_Parent_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Agency/Props/Apollo_Agency_CourtYard_Brazier' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Agency/Props/Apollo_Agency_CourtYard_Brazier.Apollo_Agency_CourtYard_Brazier_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Donut/Props/Apollo_Donut_Llama_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Donut/Props/Apollo_Donut_Llama_01.Apollo_Donut_Llama_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Foliage/Apollo_BigBush_Frontier' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Foliage/Apollo_BigBush_Frontier.Apollo_BigBush_Frontier_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Forest/Props/Apollo_Weeping_Woods_Sign' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Forest/Props/Apollo_Weeping_Woods_Sign.Apollo_Weeping_Woods_Sign_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Heartache/Props/Artemis_Heartache_Fin' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Heartache/Props/Artemis_Heartache_Fin.Artemis_Heartache_Fin_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Industrial/Props/Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_A' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Industrial/Props/Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_A.Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_A_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Industrial/Props/Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_C' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Industrial/Props/Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_C.Apollo_Industrial_MiningCart_01_C_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Mole/Props/Apollo_Mole_PunchingBag_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Mole/Props/Apollo_Mole_PunchingBag_01.Apollo_Mole_PunchingBag_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/MountainBase/Props/Apollo_MountainBase_HoloTable_Base_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/MountainBase/Props/Apollo_MountainBase_HoloTable_Base_01.Apollo_MountainBase_HoloTable_Base_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Papaya/Papaya_MarqueePoster' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Papaya/Papaya_MarqueePoster.Papaya_MarqueePoster_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Tinfoil/Props/BP_BowlingAlley_CeilingLight' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Tinfoil/Props/BP_BowlingAlley_CeilingLight.BP_BowlingAlley_CeilingLight_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Welcome/Apollo_Welcome_Gate_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/Welcome/Apollo_Welcome_Gate_01.Apollo_Welcome_Gate_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Celebration/Props/Artemis_Celebration_SpeakerWall_C' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Celebration/Props/Artemis_Celebration_SpeakerWall_C.Artemis_Celebration_SpeakerWall_C_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Daisy/Props/Artemis_Daisy_RealityBloom_Close_A' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Daisy/Props/Artemis_Daisy_RealityBloom_Close_A.Artemis_Daisy_RealityBloom_Close_A_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Outdoor/Props/Artemis_Outdoor_Bench_Swing_A' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Outdoor/Props/Artemis_Outdoor_Bench_Swing_A.Artemis_Outdoor_Bench_Swing_A_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/RealityPG/Props/Artemis_RealityPG_Throne_A' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/RealityPG/Props/Artemis_RealityPG_Throne_A.Artemis_RealityPG_Throne_A_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Street/Artemis_Street_DestroyedPickupTruck_B' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Street/Artemis_Street_DestroyedPickupTruck_B.Artemis_Street_DestroyedPickupTruck_B_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Street/Artemis_Street_DestroyedSedan_B' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Artemis/Environments/BuildingActors/Street/Artemis_Street_DestroyedSedan_B.Artemis_Street_DestroyedSedan_B_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Items/Traps/TID_Floor_MechSpawner' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Items/Traps/TID_Floor_MechSpawner.TID_Floor_MechSpawner
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Playlists/Mash/Chest_Athena_Mash' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Playlists/Mash/Chest_Athena_Mash.Chest_Athena_Mash_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Playlists/Mash/MashChestVFX' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Playlists/Mash/MashChestVFX.MashChestVFX_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Containers/Tiered_Chest_Athena_FactionChest_IO_NoLocks' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Containers/Tiered_Chest_Athena_FactionChest_IO_NoLocks.Tiered_Chest_Athena_FactionChest_IO_NoLocks_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Neo/Props/NeoTilted_FoodTruck_SnowCone_Static' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Neo/Props/NeoTilted_FoodTruck_SnowCone_Static.NeoTilted_FoodTruck_SnowCone_Static_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Car_PartyBus_noBalloon' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Car_PartyBus_noBalloon.Car_PartyBus_noBalloon_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Hydrant02' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Hydrant02.Hydrant02_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/PGO_Stage_DJ_Booth' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/PGO_Stage_DJ_Booth.PGO_Stage_DJ_Booth_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Sign_Dance_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Sign_Dance_01.Sign_Dance_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Wall/BrickSimple_AAA_SolidWall_VeryHighResource' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Wall/BrickSimple_AAA_SolidWall_VeryHighResource.BrickSimple_AAA_SolidWall_VeryHighResource_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/TextureData/Winter/Shrub_02a_Winter2' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/TextureData/Winter/Shrub_02a_Winter2.Shrub_02a_Winter2
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Apollo/Sets/Tinfoil/TextureData/TD_Tinfoil_Light_OrangeLight_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Apollo/Sets/Tinfoil/TextureData/TD_Tinfoil_Light_OrangeLight_01.TD_Tinfoil_Light_OrangeLight_01
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Artemis/Blueprints/CarPartRotation/CarPartRotation_Prop' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Artemis/Blueprints/CarPartRotation/CarPartRotation_Prop.CarPartRotation_Prop_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Dartboard' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Dartboard.Parallel_Dartboard_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Manhole' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Manhole.Parallel_Manhole_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Monitor' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Artemis/Sets/Parallel/Blueprints/Parallel_Monitor.Parallel_Monitor_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Asteria/Props/Commerce/Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A/Blueprints/BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A1' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Asteria/Props/Commerce/Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A/Blueprints/BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A1.BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A1_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Asteria/Props/Commerce/Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A/Blueprints/BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A2' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Asteria/Props/Commerce/Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A/Blueprints/BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A2.BP_Commerce_Sausage_Billboard_A2_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Props/Street/Meshes/Prop_Hydrant_02_Broken' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Props/Street/Meshes/Prop_Hydrant_02_Broken.Prop_Hydrant_02_Broken
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Environments/Sets/Neo/Architecture/Data_Assets/Neo_Delivery_Door' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Environments/Sets/Neo/Architecture/Data_Assets/Neo_Delivery_Door.Neo_Delivery_Door
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Items/Traps/Blueprints/Device_Floor_MechSpawners' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Items/Traps/Blueprints/Device_Floor_MechSpawners.Device_Floor_MechSpawners_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Items/Traps/Blueprints/Device_Floor_PlayerCheckpoint_V2' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Items/Traps/Blueprints/Device_Floor_PlayerCheckpoint_V2.Device_Floor_PlayerCheckpoint_V2_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/GrappleGloves/Environmental/GrappleGloveToolBox/B_Chest_Athena_GrappleGlove_Toolbox' points to an asset that no longer exists: /GrappleGloves/Environmental/GrappleGloveToolBox/B_Chest_Athena_GrappleGlove_Toolbox.B_Chest_Athena_GrappleGlove_Toolbox_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/GrappleGloves/Environmental/GrappleGloveToolBox/Meshes/Grapple_Glove_Toolbox' points to an asset that no longer exists: /GrappleGloves/Environmental/GrappleGloveToolBox/Meshes/Grapple_Glove_Toolbox.Grapple_Glove_Toolbox
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/MountainBase/Walls/MountainBase_Wall_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/Apollo/Environments/BuildingActors/MountainBase/Walls/MountainBase_Wall_01.MountainBase_Wall_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Athena/BuildingActors/Props/Building/ActorBlueprints/Containers/Athena_Prop_Forest_Pile_01' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Athena/BuildingActors/Props/Building/ActorBlueprints/Containers/Athena_Prop_Forest_Pile_01.Athena_Prop_Forest_Pile_01_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Deco/VinderSign' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Deco/VinderSign.VinderSign_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Prop_WarningSign_02' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Prop_WarningSign_02.Prop_WarningSign_02_C
LogValkyrie: Warning: Alias '/FortniteVKCreateUGC/Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Stage_DJ_Booth_SkiClub' points to an asset that no longer exists: /Game/Building/ActorBlueprints/Prop/Stage_DJ_Booth_SkiClub.Stage_DJ_Booth_SkiClub_C

Me again, I just went through and removed content until I got to an empty project (the default ‘blank’ island set up). It worked at that point, so I added a single piece of content and it immediately broke.

The problem appears to be content that has been migrated from UE5.1.1 and so far I’ve been unable to find any piece of content from this scene that doesn’t immediately break an empty project.

To reproduce:

• get the Opera House free asset from the Unreal Store
  • load it into UE 5.1.1 and migrate it to a new UEFN project (blank island)
  • include any piece of that content into the scene
  • try to ‘launch’

I don’t have much time but I managed to import many of my own created content plus a project bought from the store; you probably have to go in each blueprint by selecting the asset etc, then look at each part of them to see if you have to reconnect something, or if the size of textures is under 2048x2048 and/or the vertices are under 20,000.
Try with one blueprint?
If Dimensions > 2048x2048 , go to the browser and right click on the asset, it’ll offer et scale down to fit project kind of option, then save the texture or asset again.
For the vertices, find the reduction slider to lower the number until it’s under 20k.

Then also look at the materials in the meshes of each blueprint etc, and reconnect/reload things like textures etc if they were lost in the migration.

That has worked for me, but moving a project from 5.1.1 to UEFN isn’t instantly done unfortunately…

Plugins missing is the thing that will cause lot of problems, but they’ve done it for a reason so let’s hope peoples will adapt plugins into Verse code soon… :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Artsy, however:

Texture reduction and removing soft-links has already been done.
The assets don’t include any blue-prints.

I didn’t know about the way to get vertex counts, thank you for that. If that is the problem, they should definitely identify it in a specific error message.

The migrate/import system obviously has a problem with these particular assets. I’m not saying it is UE5.1.1 migrate that is broken, but I would like to suggest that if a dev reads this, they can repro the issue very easily using them.

I’m off for a week now, hopefully I’ll come back and this will all be fixed :smiley:

1 Like

@InsanePete in your Output Log (different from message log) in the bottom left of UEFN you should see the same errors after running validation as you do in the message log.

Above those red errors you should see log lines pointing to .uasset files. If you copy just the names of the .uasset files (Exclude the .uasset part) and paste them into your outliner you should see which actors are causing the issue. Hope this helps! Thanks.

2 Likes

Nice tips! thanks🙌

Thank you so much for this cool tip and explanation. I am also experiencing this bug so glad I learned a way to search for the actual actor in the Outliner that is causing the issue. Top Tip :grinning:

For anyone else who needs an additional step to HalcyonKnight96 advice I added the info within a different discussion post here before I found this UEFN Validation thread. I hope that is also helpful to you.

Unfortunately that did not help. If you look in my first post you’ll see that one of the issues is with NavigationSystemConfig. This appears to be baked into the .umap file I’m trying to use. I’ve searched the UE help but wasn’t able to find a way to stop it from adding the navigation into this file.

Currently the situation seems to be, when importing assets from Unreal Marketplace to UEFN via the ‘migrate’ option, the .umap will always fail validation. There are about four things which are baked into it, which cannot be deleted because they’re not attached to specific objects in the scene, but which are not allowed by the UEFN validation.

I’ve reverted to building the scene by hand from simple components (which seem to work just fine). All examples I have found so far show only use of similarly simple components, but building a complex scene from them is unbearably tedious.