UEFN not launching properly

Hello!

I’m currently experiencing an issue with UEFN not launching properly. When I try to open it via the Epic Games Launcher, it loads, but it doesn’t show the news tab and my projects. It’s currently just showing a duplicated window of the editor. I’ve tried reinstalling, verifying game files, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Does anyone know a possible solution for this? Thanks!

Hi @iNelsun :

To clarify; when you launch UEFN via the Epic Games Launcher, does it open two editor windows as part of starting up?

1 Like

Hello @sonictke!

Yes, when I open UEFN via the Epic Games Launcher, the news tab comes up as a duplicated editor window. I’m on windows 11, so I tried dragging the duplicated window on the top of my screen to make it bigger, and then it showed up like this:

I’m not exactly sure what’s causing this. Like I said I’ve verified my game files, reinstalled it, and it just keeps being like this.

Looking forward to your response!

2 Likes

i am having the same (i am on windows 11 to) :melting_face:

1 Like

Oh thank’s I have the EXACT same problem ! RTX 4070 TI windows 11 here.

I have the same issue. I can manage to get into a project after struggling through the menu because changing the window size seemed to make it partially visible. Once I got into the project all of the dropdown menus did a similar thing

where it will duplicate the top left of the screen and show that rather than the actual menu. The screen will also sometimes turn black and show text that I assume is from the dropdown menu. I did try installing UEFN on an old PC and it seems to work perfectly fine on there. Both PC’s are on Windows 10, Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. I did try reinstalling UEFN, updating my graphics drivers, verifying Fortnite and restarting/shutting down my PC, but nothing seemed to help. Hopefully this helped provide more helpful context.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue, except I’m on Windows 10. Every time I launch, can’t do anything with the dialog boxes/ windows or it crashes

1 Like

Same problem here!

• I cant edit any project. The Editor goes black and show only the the mouse hover menu of the options at the right bar but at the wrong places.

Here is a full video of the starting process an the following stuff:

Updated Nvidia Drivers > reinstalled UEFN nothing helps!

3 Likes

Exatly my problem i don’t find any fixes. What’s your config ? wich card, wich cpu etc ?

same here! problem seems to be with nvidia 30 series and up

Some guy have a fix, I try
https://www.reddit.com/r/uefn/comments/11zg4r4/uefn_bugged_at_launch_graphical_bug_rtx_4070_ti/

I got it fixed so here is the solution:

Go to GeForce Experience > Drivers > Click on the 3 dots then CUSTOM install the studio drivers and click Perform clean install at the bottom.

I hope this will help you and resolve your issue too!

EDIT : ok with fresh install. Maybe a stuff with the control pannel something have to be modified

This didn’t help for me unfortunately. Still experiencing the same issue

Did you check the fresh install ? I have try some tweaks in the control panel. I reproduce the issue with Multi Fram Sampled AA MFAA enabled.
No i’ll try to put the gaming driver and disable MFAA for the application.

1 Like

Let me know if anything works for you. I’ve indeed checked the fresh install and it still gave me the duplicated windows

MFAA in the control pannel definely do the trick for me.
Exact same bug when activated and all fine when disabled.

1 Like

Thanks for this note @lstaff. I can reproduce the issue reliably when enabling MFAA locally myself. We’re investigating.

Others who are having the same issue in this thread: please double-check if you have MFAA enabled and see if disabling it helps in this case.

2 Likes

@sonictke omg that worked. Thank you so much!

Yes! This completely fixed my problems.

For all others with NVIDIA Cards:
If you just want deactivate MFAA for UEFN (and not globaly)

• Launch NVIDIA Control Panel (not GeForce Experience!)
  • Under “3D Settings” select “Manage 3D Settings”
  • Select “Program Settings” tab an press “Add”
  • In the next window select the “Search” Button and browse to your Fortnite install directory.
  • There got to \FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64 and select the “UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping.exe”.
  • Next scroll down to the MFAA Settings, select “off”
  • Save your changes!

Start UEFN and check if its work

2 Likes

This fixed the issue for me! Thanks!

Hello , am having a trouble with lunching both of fortnite and ueft , i have multiple pcs and everytime i log in on one of my pcs i need to update both of the game and the ueft , however both of them are updated to the last version

1 Like