UEFN Moderation Warning opens an Empty Blank Tab instead of a list of Moderated Assets

I was able to fix my issue by addressing some Verse errors. Whenever I would launch session, it would get stuck and in my message log it would tell me about some Verse errors. I fixed said errors, rebuilt Verse, and the moderation tag went away and I was able to load into my sessions.

Is there any updates on this issue? It’s starting to show up in more of my past projects that are already published.

1 Like

So the issue is basically that projects, that fail to cook, throw a moderation warning. After triggering it once, it remains until UEFN is being restarted. So to avoid this issue, you need to fix whatever prevents your project from cooking.

Hey, are there any updates yet? :slight_smile:
The problem unfortunaly still exists and many of us can’t find a way to fix it - I deleted the whole Verse file and the problem still remains…
It is also confusing that the moderation warning is triggered on one of my maps, where I also have a zero build version that is basically the same map just without building but there is no moderation warning showing

1 Like

Looks like this was fixed in today’s patch.
When I first opened my project it was still showing the Moderation Warning, but after:

1. Moving some props around
  2. Checking in the changes
  3. Uploading to private version
  4. Closing and reopening the UEFN editor

the warning has now cleared and I am able to publish my project again.

3 Likes

Thank you @BluDrive this cleared it up for me! Happy to continue working on the project after the 2.5 week setback haha :sweat_smile:

You are a legend! Thank you :slight_smile:
Worked for one of my projects - unfortunaly on another project the moderation warning isn’t showing after the 4 steps, but if I try to launch a session it again shows the moderation warning - so the problem still remains for some projects.
I keep you updated if I find a workaround to this issue!

still doesnt work for me :frowning: i hope they patch this soon

Could I get island codes from anyone this is still happening to?

This is happening to us as well right know. i can not belive that we spent 200 hours in a project for this. The project has not code yet because it has not been published

Hey this is happening to us now too! Such a shame, we are on almost v700 and released a version just this morning , we wanted to make a critical update before discover release, we really need an immediate fix to this. We are a small business and have invested thousands of pounds into this game. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ON OUR ISLAND <3 Live code: 9587-8367-5357 Private code that got rejected and no sign of the moderated assets: 4919-0782-5826 moderation button in uefn leads to empty link as above. Thank you!

Edit: Made minor change, pushed changes. Moderation was removed but validation failed and all NPC character modifiers have been removed and are now empty. Will try setting these up again and seeing if it will validate. Just adding this incase it helps! Thanks

I also have this Problem

0964-3263-7924

Assuming private codes are okay, I do give consent to access if needed or to force-temp add to the team if needed for debugging purposes.

It happened for me shortly after deleting a button I was using with a Verse Asset, which was used to force-update the water for debugging purposes. (before i learned of the Cimamatic device issue, which was resolved)

I deleted the button asset while a game mode session was active, and the warning appeared shortly after. I also recently tried to build a minimap from Build → Build world partition editor minimap trying to look into why my world map was showing terrain through artificial water I have created as well as building landscape out of habit from standard Unreal Engine map building.

This may also be a result of the map being called “NiteFort” a pun for ScapeRune (an island on RuneScape, where things are reversed), but the map has not been published nor playtested outside personal usage, if it went through some checks prior. so this may be a reason, but, wanted to add this all just incase it’s related to the OP’s issue instead.

I do not believe that this cooking error message may* be related, but, it popped up just moments before the moderation warning as well.

hi! this just happened with my island, I’m only able to share the private island code: 0402-4236-8107

Indeed so it seems!

The last build/cook i.e. by using Launch Session or manually that fails could trigger this non-intuitive state of Project Moderation Warning upon the (any) next start of the Editor when opening your Project map.

Perhaps like in my case, take a close look at the Asset Check and UEFN Validation categories in the local Message Log (not the Portal) after launching a test session. This might reveal any error(s) that cause such Moderation warning later (for all of that Editor session). Possibly even Verse related…

I removed an illegal reference from some material instance, saved my changes, launched and after successful playtest the project can now be opened without any warning.

This was a technical issue rather than a functional violation of the Epic Content Guidelines IMHO.

It remains unexplained why the Open Creator Portal button links to an empty browser page, but my guess is the online service infrastructure doesn’t know of the actual cooking error anyway – since the issue happens before project upload.

2115-5897-5713
Is my mapcode I would be happy if you can fix this fast

Critical: Moderation Warning showing no reason/list of assets. - #4 by mobifruit there is the sulution

hey I don’t know what happened. Suddenly, the message appeared, and every time I click on it, only my Google opens. I am not redirected. Does anyone know what I can do? There is nothing in the Fortnite portal, Please help. I have been working on the map for 1 month now, and I am facing the threat of a map access ban

Someone on the UEFN Discord helped me fix it. I did a check-in, then restarted UEFN, loaded into a session, moved a prop, and pressed ‘push changes’. Then the error was gone. I hope it works for you too.

1 Like

Hello, it keeps happening to me, I have already tried all the solutions mentioned in the post and my project continues with that moderation sign that prevents me from publishing my project :upside_down_face: