UEFN Major Revision Control issue when working with other team members and Landscape

I’m currently working on a UEFN project with a few team members. Currently we have a major issue with revision control (Unreal Revision Control) that is related to landscape.

Any time any of us are working on the map, the LandscapeStreamProxy(s) will become unsaved, even if we do not do any changes on the landscape. Whoever is the first person that this happens to, their Proxy(s) will become checked out even if they have automatic checkout disable. For the others, they will be stuck with these unsaved proxies until they are able to be the one to check them in. Even if they revert the changes, right after they revert, they become unsaved again. This has caused issues with getting latest changes, check-in changes, and actually working on the landscape when we want to make changes to it.

If there is something we can do to prevent the landscapes from doing this or if I need to provide more information please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks! -Indie

We’ve had this exact same problem for a while too. It’s such a pain to work on a project at the same time as somebody is going to click some landscape item and then it’s checked out and “changed”.

1 Like

Hey @TheIndieBro ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The Landscape team is aware of it and investigating the issue atm.

1 Like

Might have also had this issue on 5/6/2023. Couldnt save on one of our accounts. We got things synced up but it still showed unsaved assets.

encountering the same issue, is there any fix to it?

I have had this same issue. It keeps checking out portions of the landscape to a team member and won’t allow us to edit it. The person that it assigns itself to cannot edit the landscape either.

Same issue here. One portion of the landscape will automatically and continuously be checked out by a user even if that user made no changes to the landscape at all. Weirdly, another user can still sculpt portions of the landscape using the “sculpt” tool however the “smooth” tool will always revert any changes and state that the asset cannot be edited because another user has it checked out.

I have also had this issue whenever using item placer devices. All item placer devices on the map get checked out by users and they seem to juggle back and forth between the team even though none have been touched by anyone.

@Mezcalamari Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

1 Like

Just submitted.

1 Like

This is such an old bug, I’d be surprised if it hasn’t already been reported at least 50 times.

Hi…our group also working on the landscape…in her uefn showing that she has check out everything but other group still can’t edit the file…can you assist us?

Incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

1 Like

She will need to check everything back in for others to use them

1 Like

real

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. I found that her uefn shows to the team check out from our outliner UEFN. I think this might be the issue. Can we fix it? I can’t edit it even though she said that she had saved all the changes

So oakenshield will either need to check in or revert their changes. This is different than just saving.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply…i think we found out that during the check in…at the pop up stating the changes made, she tick the check out…

1 Like

Hey Stevie, any updates on this? This is still a big issue when collaborating

1 Like

Same problem here.

On top of sometimes preventing from making changes to the landscape altogether, there are times where it lets you make changes to it (so the person that can make the edits think they have it checked out, or that it doesn’t affect Landscape) and when comes time to check-in it conflicts.
Because Unreal Revision has no conflict resolution, it causes near data losses and wastes time when you need to revert local changes, sync, re-do them manually, or copy/paste which doesn’t always work.

Team coordination can only go so far with a bug like this.

2 Likes