UEFN is FREEZING at 33% Every Time I Launch/Connect Sessions since last update

Summary

Since the last update I’ve been majorly struggling to launch a session or connect to a session as the editor gets stuck at 33% and then completely freezes whereby I can’t even end task and I’m forced to restart my PC to simply use UEFN again. This is a major issue preventing me from testing/publishing maps efficiently. I’ve tried reinstalling Fortnite & UEFN but this hasn’t helped.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Opened a UEFN Project
Click Launch Session (or Connect to Session)
As the loading project pop up gets to 33% it freezes

Expected Result

I should be able to launch/connect to session without the editor freezing.

Observed Result

The editor completely crashes so it can’t be closed unless I restart PC

Platform(s)

PC

How long did you wait and what is your internet connection

Hi @iiiSAndman, have you tried verifying your installation?

Hello, I’m experiencing the same issue. I verified files and reinstalled UEFN, but that didn’t help. I already talked about this with staff here.
@HeyPickledDave

here’s the UEFN log of opening that project and launching session

UnrealEditorFortnite.log (1.4 MB)

1 Like

hi @HeyPickledDave

The log has entries for Daytime; you may still have an entry for Fortnite Creative 1.0 DayTime(SkyDome).
This does not get removed automatically to be converted to the Verse version and therefore causes errors.

see the post Fortnite Ecosystem v31.00 with Known Issues - The Day Sequence Devices

Freezing at 33% is a common Validation processing point and can be seen by Windows Task Manager being 96% CPU busy.
Have you checked that all the Refences to the FAB store are working in the example these take over 500 seconds to load from the new items see below for the project layout.

You may have to delete the References directory if you cannot start the project

@HeyPickledDave 31.20 has just come out with new functions to identify and fix problems

How do I remove the entry for the sky dome device?
(Regarding Fab references: I don’t even have the References directory)

hi @SaSteMi ,

How do I remove the entry for the sky dome device?

in the project UEFN Outline type SkyDome and should show up highlight with the mouse and press the delete key
save all
exit and restart UEFN project

Doesn’t show up, just got the day sequence modifier device

hi @HeyPickledDave ,
Why is your Fortnite UEFN configured with UE 5.5 Standard Engine parameters,
in the UEFN log file? in RED. This is part of the new ue5main platform build

LogConfig: Branch 'VerseEngine' had been unloaded. Reloading on-demand took 0.30ms
LogWindows: Failed to load '../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/UnrealBuildAccelerator/x64/UbaHost.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File '../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/UnrealBuildAccelerator/x64/UbaHost.dll' does not exist
SourceControl: Revision control is disabled

UnrealBuildAccelerator/x64/UbaHost.dll’ does not exist because its part of UE5main 5.5 for building UE5.5 source.

Please uninstall the UEFN version you have and install UEFN 31.20 from the Epic Games Launcher. According to the log its an UEFN internal version which is not supported
SourceControl: Revision control is disabled

Error: EOS: UEOSSettings::GetSelectedArtifactSettings() ArtifactName=[Fortnite] no settings found.
LogOnline: Error: EOS: FOnlineSubsystemEOS::PlatformCreate() GetSelectedArtifactSettings failed
LogOnline: Warning: EOS: EOS API failed to initialize!

not supported
UE 5.5

LogD3D12RHI: Found D3D12 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver (VendorId: 1414, DeviceId: 008c, SubSysId: 0000, Revision: 0000
LogD3D12RHI:   Max supported Feature Level 12_1, shader model 6.2, binding tier 3, wave ops supported, atomic64 unsupported
LogD3D12RHI:   Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 12156MB of shared system memory, 0 output[s]
LogD3D12RHI: DirectX Agility SDK runtime found.
LogD3D12RHI: Chosen D3D12 Adapter Id = 0
LogRHI: RHI D3D12 with Feature Level SM6 is supported and will be used.
LogWindows: Failed to load 'nvEncodeAPI64.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'nvEncodeAPI64.dll' does not exist
LogMobileFSR: Mobile FSR Started
PixWinPlugin: PIX capture plugin failed to initialize! Check that the process is launched from PIX.
LogStreamlineShaders: Initialization of the Streamline plugin (version 1.1.0-SL2.2.0) is disabled.
LogSVGF: FSVGFModule::StartupModule
LogDLSSNGXVulkanRHIPreInit: FNGXVulkanRHIPreInitModule::StartupModule Enter
LogRHI: Using Default RHI: D3D12
LogRHI: Using Highest Feature Level of D3D12: SM6
LogRHI: Loading RHI module D3D12RHI

Not supported in Fortnite

LogD3D12RHI: DirectX Agility SDK runtime found.
LogStreamlineShaders: Initialization of the Streamline plugin (version 1.1.0-SL2.2.0) is disabled

For Everyone previously stated UNINSTALL MUST OLD versions of UEFN.

Go into UE5main source copies and Run the Clean solution function or remove UE5main off your PC
Re-install 31.20 from Epic Games Launcher using “Run As Administrator”

If your problem is something else start a new thread

@Flak
please close this thread as problems are being confused and this thread is about
Build: ++Fortnite+Release-31.10-CL-35935822

Probably 31.20 does not have these problems

this ain’t my log file, it’s from @SaSteMi in this other thread: Verse Path - #23 by SaSteMi