save the project and turn off the pc incorrectly

Expected Result

lost the folder

Observed Result

lost the folder

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

I was working on a project that i saved everything and closed the uefn app. I turned my pc off incorrectly on the power supply, and after i turned it on, everything was ok, just the folder of this project was missing. I have the backup of the pc off cause i had some bugs in the past with some projects and i had to turn it off. Theres a way i can recover this? And there is a way that i can save my projects safely and avoid to lose it after any unexpected problem on my pc? Thank u

[image]

Yeah, cloud backups like OneDrive cause problems with UEFN.

Always use the Check-in Changes button, bottom right of editor, every time you want to backup your project, it creates a snapshot that you can recover or switch to if things go wrong,
And great if you want to work on your project from a different PC.

Bit of a worry though, I live in a location full of brown outs and power cuts, but have not lost access to a project folder.
If you have other projects showing up on your Open screen, then it may be a little bit of trouble.

The default location of the project folders are in User/Documents/Fortnite Projects
First go there with windows explorer and find the missing folder, then make a Copy somewhere else on your hard drive in case something goes wrong, then use Browse in the UEFN Open Project screen.