UEFN disable building half works. Still get ghosted structure pressing Q.

Hi all,

I have built a pregame spawn area which works as intended. My map is no build. To disable building and have added a mutator volume around the pregame spawn area with the Allow Building checkbox unticked. I spawn into my unlisted published map into the pregame area but on pressing Q the ghosted wall/ramp etc appear in front of me as if I could build. Clicking doesn’t place anything. I dont want the player to build or the place building piece to appear regardless if they can place or not.

The Q key appears to do nothing when in the actual gameplay area itself, just the pregame.

Thank you for your time

1 Like

A few things can override island settings like Team Setting Devices and Class Designer Devices, if you have any of these check their building settings.

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

I don’t have either of those devices.

My map contains item spawners, sequence players and timers. Everything else is mostly meshes, vents, zip lines and grind rails. There are a damage volume, blocking volume and mutator (pregame area prevent build).

The ones I could find are in my Island Settings team/class settings and the Player Spawners themselves. (pics below)

Not sure how the classes or teams would affect the ability to show the building ghost and player holding out the pad etc but not click to place in pregame only (not in game play) works. Doesnt make sense to me. The map is FFA so teams arent a thing.

In island settings, Set the Default Class Identifier to No Class.

Perhaps theres a bug in pregame so its reverts to default Class Designer settings (even though you have none).

2 Likes

Unfortunately that didn’t seem to make a difference and the ghosted build option still appears. I made the Island Settings and Player spawn nodes (pregame only) No Class. When I set the play spawn nodes to no class the player spawned in the middle of the map for some reason.
Is it possible to cheese it by disabling the Q key altogether? My map is no build anyways.

That is disappointing, the settings should work, you should submit a bug report, go via the Help menu - Report Issue in the editor it’ll give a code and take you to the report page. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

As for the player spawning in the wrong place, do you have a spawn point per player, sharing them may cause issues.
There are island settings for

Not sure about disabling Q, Verse may be able to but I don’t know.

This thread discusses it, I added a vote there

To disable building:

1. Go to the outliner and search for “Island”

2. Click on “island settings”

3. Search for building and turn it off.

UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping_ATekv4LINU

This is what I typically do so I also dont allow players to destroy the environment:
UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping_9o6QsWMVAM

and there is another setting for env dmg for cars too, dont forget that if you need them.

1 Like

I’ll try Reddit and if no luck there I will sub a bug report.

Spawn points are available for every slot. 50x for pregame and another 50 for in game. The player spawning seemed like a spawn point not found error or something as I appeared close to world 0 just a few meters higher.

Thanks for the replies tho. I appreciate you both taking the time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are my settings.

And the latest results.

All of the things you showed me cannot be controlled further, except for the UI for resources, which can be turned off through island settings. I see you have it turned off. Iirc even if it shows on live edit, it will not show in a published code. You can also use a HUD controller device for some extra UI controls.

2 Likes

The in game screenshots above are unlisted published. I too thought I had covered what I wanted in the settings. Also tried a mutator volume with no building allowed - no change. Weird.

Cheers for that HUD controller tip. I dropped one in and set to hide. The resource boxes are gone now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.