UEFN crash - Nanite.VisBuffer64 on Intel Arc A750

Summary

UEFN crashes with Nanite.VisBuffer64 allocation error on Intel Arc A750

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Stability

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Launch Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN).
  2. Open the project.
  3. UEFN crashes during rendering/loading.
  4. The crash consistently occurs with the following error:
    Transient allocator failed to allocate Texture Nanite.VisBuffer64.

Expected Result

UEFN should open and load the project normally without crashing.

Observed Result

UEFN crashes with:

Fatal error:
Transient allocator failed to allocate Texture Nanite.VisBuffer64.

Extent: (1080, 552)
Depth: 1
ArraySize: 1
NumMips: 1
Allocation Size: 18446744073709551615
Allocation Alignment 65536

GPU: Intel Arc A750
Driver: 32.0.101.9033

UEFN also reports:
“Pixel Streaming: Unable to create a hardware encoder; falling back to software VP8 encoding” at launch.

The GPU driver has already been updated, but the crash still occurs.

Platform(s)

Windows PC

Additional Notes

This appears to be specifically related to the Nanite rendering path, since the crash references Nanite.VisBuffer64.

I am using an Intel Arc A750. I would like to know whether this is a known compatibility issue with Nanite on Intel Arc GPUs and whether there is a supported way to disable Nanite temporarily for testing.

I could not find a Config\DefaultEngine.ini in the UEFN project, so I have not modified the project configuration to disable Nanite.

The project is not published yet.