UEFN, Bug Issue

Summary

Building, harvesting, and destroying are not working in my UEFN island

  1. I created and built my own island in UEFN.
  2. I configured the Island Settings, including Allow Building, Start with Pickaxe, and Pickaxe Damage.
  3. I launched a game session and spawned into my island.
  4. I tried to build structures, but building did not work.
  5. I tried to harvest trees and destroy objects using my pickaxe, but it dealt no damage.
  6. I tested another one of my UEFN projects with the same settings, and everything worked correctly there.

I cannot figure out why these mechanics are not working in my current project.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

World Building

Steps to Reproduce

  1. I created and built my own island in UEFN.
  2. I configured the Island Settings, including Allow Building, Start with Pickaxe, and Pickaxe Damage.
  3. I launched a game session and spawned into my island.
  4. I tried to build structures, but building did not work.
  5. I tried to harvest trees and destroy objects using my pickaxe, but it dealt no damage.
  6. I tested another one of my UEFN projects with the same settings, and everything worked correctly there.

I cannot figure out why these mechanics are not working in my current project.

Expected Result

Players should be able to build structures, harvest resources using their pickaxe, and destroy environmental objects.

The player should spawn with a pickaxe and be able to use these gameplay mechanics normally, according to the Island Settings.

Observed Result

I built my island in UEFN and wanted players to be able to build, harvest resources, and destroy objects.

However, I encountered a strange problem that I cannot solve.

I configured all the necessary Island Settings, including Allow Building, Start with Pickaxe, and Pickaxe Damage.

When I launch a game session, I spawn with a pickaxe, but it does not deal any damage to trees or other environmental objects. I also cannot build anything.

I tested another one of my UEFN projects and configured the same settings. Building, harvesting, and destroying all work correctly in that project.

I do not understand why these mechanics are not working in this particular project.

Could someone please help me identify the cause of this issue and explain how to fix it? I have already spent a lot of time building this island and would really appreciate any help.

Platform(s)

Windows, PC

Video

Odd, do you have this checked on the trees?

if not turn it on. Out of curocity since the map seems relatively empty would you be ok with zipping it up? I’m curious what could be contributing to the behavior in the video

Hi. Yeah I already checked that in actor “can be damaged” but its still not working.. Still dont know why.. Yeah and its just small island.. Where I want to allow players build and destroy trees etc but its not working… Literally I tried everything

Could you pack the project in a zip and upload it? Im curious what causes it.

Hi this is the zip project. I will be so happy that you will help me to find a problem there !

Here is the Zip File !

I am sending it as a link from my google drive because project is too big (50MB)

Let me know if everything is working fine !

Ok, I will try seeing if I can find the root cause of the bug.

Thank you very much ! I will be waiting

I found the fix.
For some reason the pickaxe does not work on props that are far away, the fix to your bug is to just move the terrain and stuff more close to the world center

I tried it and yeah it’s working! Thank you very much for helping me!

Have a Great Day.

You have a good day too, happy to help :heart: