UE5 - Water Plugin Underwater PostProcess issue

Hey!

I’m building a super large scale map of a 1:1 scale island with 50+km…

My issue is that when I use the ocean mesh from the water plugin, the underwater post process only works until a certain point… I can’t seem to find a way to make this underwater effect larger… so that i can, for example swim deeper or further into the water, without having the underwater effect dissapear once I reach the limit…

How can I make this area larger, so that the underwater effect is activated no matter where i am in the ocean.

Also, if i use a water plane that has no such underwater effect… How can I activate it? And apply the same principal as the ocean, have the effect work no matter where i am in the ocean…

While I’m at it… I’ll trow a 3rd question in there, waht about foam? How can i make the ocean texture more realistic and make use of the foam? Been trying to mess around with the settings, even followed a few different tutorials and the fog simply doesnt want to show up.

Thanks for your time!

I had the same issue. I used the WaterBodyLake instead. I don’t know why but it works. I also created my own foam for shores using the distance field and a cloud texture.
Good Luck

1 Like

Try to change WaterBodyOcean’s Collision Extents.