UE5 VR template can't build to Quest2

Hi there,
Complete noob to UE, just started this week. I keep getting this message when I try to follow youtube tutorials. Java, Android and VS are all up to date. The “Binaries\Android\MyProject7.target” never gets created.

is UE5 too buggy, and I should just try in UE4?

LogPlayLevel: Setting up ProjectParams for C:\Users\natha\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject7\MyProject7.uproject
LogPlayLevel: MyProject7.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (OpenXR plugin is enabled)
LogPlayLevel: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt ‘C:\Users\natha\Documents\Unrea**l Projects\MyProject7\Binaries\Android\MyProject7.target’. Check that this target has been built.
LogPlayLevel: (see C:\Users\natha\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0EA\Log.txt for full exception trace)
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable)
LogPlayLevel: Updating environment variables set by a Turnkey sub-process
LogPlayLevel: The system cannot find the path specified.
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 3.518238
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000045
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Run Task, Time: 0.000048

This problem seems unrelated to UE5 but I would suggest you stick with UE4 if you’re specifically learning VR development as there’s very little documentation and learning resources on that topic. Your skills will transfer to UE5. Good luck!