[UE5] VidPlayer - Video, radio streaming player

Modular video player with the common playback functionalities for playing radio streams, video files , or video streaming. Supported files include .mp4 and others, or depends on UE plugin extensions.

Features

• Player functions include time elapsed, file length, play, stop, pause, next, previous (not in use) volume
  • Video files are organized in a datatable
  • Stream from the web, or directly from the project / build.

Two different playback styles

• Autoplay from a custom video selection, or play a specific video file.
  • Interface playback via fullscreen application (widget creation upon interact with world blueprint)

VidPlayer_Teaser

Documentation

FAQ

• According to the 5.4 video documentation, videos should be placed in /Content/Movies
  • For media platforms to work VidPlayer users may have to first agree to terms of service agreements, or it may depend on video settings (i.e. allow open from other websites).
  • VidPlayer can playback project included movie files, or video files and radio streams from the world wide web.

Buy VidPlayer
https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/vidplayer-video-and-streaming-playback

Buy VidPlayer @Gumroad

VidPlayer is now live on the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/vidplayer-video-and-streaming-playback

Stream Vimeo & YouTube
Updated the documentation with instructions to stream Vimeo & YouTube videos. VidPlayer Documentation - Google Docs

Any idea if you will support direct YouTube playback in the future without needing to grab the source through VLC like the docs current show? Maybe some way through the YouTube embed URI?

There is a code plug-in on the marketplace which grabs the YouTube link, my guess it does that what the VidPlayer documentation outlines automatically. Perhaps, there will be an update later this year for VidPlayer when I can figure out how to retrieve that URL via blueprints.