Ue5 not rendering exr files

I am using ue5 and everytime i try to render exr files they will finish render but immediately i get a message that says frame number identifier not found. Files may be overwritten. And when i go to where i had the rendered files exported theres only a single exr file. Ive tried creating new projects and same messages. Only render i can get to work is previous projects ive already rendered out. Even when i try to create a new render sequence in a previous project i still get the same message. I also trued creating a new epic games profile but didnt work. I feel im at a loss. Can anyone help??

I have the same problem with a simple jpeg or png render. Have you got to solve this yet ?
The two things that get the job done (at least in my case): use Render Remote (not Render Local) or use Legacy Render.
The most uncanny thing is that the progress window still shows a >100% ratio of frames rendered and stops at 500% whatever the fps is. Then you get the message: “frame number identifier not found. Files may be overwritten”.

Unfortunatly I don’t have a solution.
I had the same problem but it somehow started working. I think it was after updating to P2.
However, in P2 I get this weird bug where it renders .mov files as a mov sequence which, obviously is corrupted and unplayable.

I had the same problem but I realised that the issue causing it was that I kept accidentaly deleting the File Name Format when renaming.
I hope this helps

11 Likes

Thanks!~ it helped!

Thank you sooo much, it helped me too !

Thanks Mate :innocent:

I love you :pray: Tysm xx