UE5 MacOs Landmass and Water plugins issues

UE 5.0.1
MacOS 12.3.1 (Intel)
Radeon Pro 5300M

Hello! I was trying out landmass and water plugins in UE5. After creating a new map, adding basic lightning and landscape I have added landscape → sculpt → blueprint → blueprint brush → CustomBrush_Landmass. While in tutorials it was looking like a little triangle, I have some mess which I was not being able to undo tweaking settings in the details of the created spline

Also after that I have tried to add a water to the level, which is also looking not as pretended. Also when walking to the water the character just floats over it (as if there were no water and ground drop).

I wander if it is me doing something wrong or is it unreal engine bug?

3 Likes

Up

Hi,

I have same issue on M1 Mac.

2 Likes

Same issue on UE5. Works fine on 4.26 and 4.27. I believe it is a bug, should be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Seeing this on Linux too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCENB-s5POA Just follow this tutorial to 2:36 Images of what it looks like on 5 vs 4.27

1 Like

Similar issue with the landmass/water plugins.

At least for this result the issue is https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/b7c523f268784e99c1e9ac3c69fe8400a5795652

I see only 404 error even when logged in

Need a linked github account to view UE source.

Still need to confirm that your issue is the same though. Try the steps here and see if you get the same result. I also verified it occurs on windows while using Vulkan. Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-152752)

Hi!

The bug is still occurring when following steps from the issue you have listed in exactly the same manner :+1:

Additionally when there is a “world partition” enabled instead of inverted distorted triangle → there is a distorted tower that appears just as in the provided screenshot in the original post above

Can’t provide you with the source unfortunately.

It’s okay. if you can add UE-152752 to the title so epic can find this easily.

If you will advice on how to do it. Because I don’t see any option of how can I edit title at the moment :thinking:

Me neither, i don’t usually use forums.

It says target fix 5.1 now.

I thought that since Landmass is working fine in 4.26 on macOS that I would see what would happen if I made something in 4.26 then upgrade it to 5.

As soon as a switched over to Landscape my custom landmass blew up.

I made sure to vote on the bug tracker, hopefully that will help it get fixed. I’m new with Unreal and how the forms work.

The custom Landmass is what sold me on Unreal and got me to move. I hope that we can use it in UE5 on Mac in 5.1 like it says for the target fix.

I just voted for it too. It is currently the one thing preventing my team from going to UE5.

1 Like

Having the same issue on my Macbook M1 in Unreal Engine 5

Tested the 5.1 branch and i don’t have the inverted pyramid at least, so i believe it’s been fixed already and they forgot to update the issue.

1 Like

Yeah I’m on the new M2, and I don’t get anything but the splines. I’m sure it’s in the settings somewhere, but no pyramid, inverted or upright.