[UE5] KRYPTON My version of my Favorite Superhero: Superman

1 Like

1 Like

Seems like you figured out a way to attach the camera now at runtime to certain objects like the car. Looks like you making still progress :slight_smile:

I appreciate the feedback. That is actually a core feature of V8SUPERCAM. The concept is to use a sticky mechanism to attached the Camera to various moving objects to provide various camera motion instead of trying to incorporate that motion into the camera itself. You can see this in the first V8SUPERCAM video in which the Level is an obstacle course for this mechanism.

Most Games are designed around a 3D Avatar, the purpose of V8SUPERCAM is real-time cinematic shots and mechanics designed around the Camera itself.

1 Like

I like the concept of this camera. I was thinking about if i have see something similar and the only i came up with was resident evil (the really old ones).
It is not even close to your system but the switch between the static cameras reminds me a little at this.
I am really curious where this will leads to and how this can be used in a game. Maybe for a car game where you can switch to the following car instead of looking in the mirror or over the shoulder. Maybe also some sort of top down i could imagen with this.

As third person and based on your videos this looks to fast to not lose track of what you do at the moment. Maybe as it is also could kinda work based on the watchdog games.
Or something like the older jump an run games like banjoo kazzo, maybe this would work there also.
Lots of possibilitys ā€¦ :grinning:

I truly appreciate your feedback @Thorsten09. Big Thanks :sparkling_heart:

Resident Evil, A Innovator and Classic. My intro to Survival Horror. Good Times. Of course, I had to pay homage and implement that technique in V8SUPERCAM using Volume Actor. The only addition is switching to Body Viewpoints like First Person. You can see this at work in V8SUPERCAM Video Timeline 1:07.

Hyper-Cinematic Games: A New Genre.

Iā€™m using it in all my games as it is. I just have to work out all the clipping bugs. Iā€™m no longer using a single perspective for games. Iā€™m promoting the Hyper-Cinematic (Multi-perspective) Genre from this point forward. I aim to develop many different games/sims in many different genres. I anticipate it being very niche. But, its time for it to exist.

Striving towards the mastery of control over camera and avatar to do what you want when you want will be part of the skill building. Players are now responsible for controlling a avatar and directing their camera shots. Distance and Angle calculations between camera & body will be used for difficulty scoring multiplier.

I think Streamers will appreciate this ability to give their viewers a different visual experience each playthrough.

I anticipateā€¦

1. Players performing playthroughs in a forced single perspective without switching.
  2. Players developing Camera and Avatar Movement Combinations and creating tutorials on how to pull them off.
  3. Players recreating scenes from other Games and other Players.
  4. Real-time Machinima (Hyper-Machinima hehe).

At the end of the day, one is free not to switch the camera at all.

I Love Rail-Shooters!

When I get the Recording feature implemented, Iā€™ll use V8SUPERCAM in the development of a traditional Rail Shooter to generate pre-recorded routes. Iā€™m also going to implement procedural generation of Volume and Motion Actors between rooms and paths to automate the Rail generation in real-time. This is more so, to allow me to add a Rail Shooter Game Mode to existing levels for replay.

Speedbot AI and Horror Music Impact Testing.

3 Likes

Looks cool, i like the effect if you start to move faster. It is like visualising going to supersonic state.
What are you testing with the AI? Seems like it follows your path to your position.

Testing Hyper Speedbots. Theyā€™re technically inert, but collision overlap can lock the player in position, so sort of an annoying damage side-effect. Playing some Horror inspired Epic music to influence a sense of dread. The Speedbots are relentless.

The Bots are simple, locked on the Player as the target and uses a simple MoveTo BP Node. Some adjustments are made to keep them from stalling and going below ground level, but thats it.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Hey there @TechLord !

This is an interesting take on Superman! The model looks a little less broad than Superman would and I find that interesting. I also adore the perspective changes and how they can swoop from one to another in a matter of moments. It brings a fantastic cinematic control that seems super fun to play with!

Will there be any iconic Superman posing?

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. Using default Metahuman (no modifications) and Super Hero Flight Animations which has Superman Poses. Flying around with V8 SUPERCAM is really Fun and liberating. A Cinematic-Rollercoaster.

1 Like

Hey @TechLord !

A cinematic-rollercoaster is the perfect way to describe this! Iā€™m very curious and hope to see more updates for this if you have more planned. I would be intrigued to see how it progresses! :green_heart:

A Cinematic Rollercoaster is the V8SUPERCAM Slogan, Haha. Iā€™m developing all of my games (various genres) using the Camera System. It buggy, but Iā€™m working out the kinks and pushing the limits. It forces me to innovate other areas to work in multiple perspectives.

Other Games in the Works

ONLY FOR 'THE FLASH' FANS: Follow Me (A Hyper-Cinematic) - YouTube
EXORION Survivor The Super Soldier - YouTube
QORE TOUR MGT XPS - YouTube

1 Like

For older jump-and-run games like Banjo-Kazooie, this camera concept could introduce exciting new gameplay mechanics.

1 Like

I honestly had not considered developing platformer without Guns :slight_smile: But Its something think about. I appreciate your post.

1 Like

Thank You Sincerely. Iā€™m actually showcasing the multi perspective camera system and real hyperspeed :slight_smile: It is really fun and i can play for hours just flying or running around BigCity listening to music.

I worked with what i had using a Metahuman and modified what I could to get close the concept of Supermanā€™s appearance. Blueprints is my forte, not much of a model or material artist. I contract out the creation of skeletal mesh driven cape.

The Superhero Flight Animations pack does have Superman poses.