[UE5] KRYPTON My version of my Favorite Superhero: Superman

Hi @Thorsten09. I appreciate the inquiry. I actually started using the Multi Camera System approach in My Official Game ExORION Survivor and thought it would be fun to us in my UE5 Superhero Demo. Something to separate my UE5 Superhero Demos from the plethora of other UE5 Superhero Demos. Creating a Superhero Demo was a quick way for me to jump into UE5 with something I’m familiar with.

Yes. You can easily loose the Player just watching, but when you’re in control, you can feel where the Player is (or should be). It’s Cinematic Rollercoaster and I think its cool that it can induce Motion Sickness just like in VR. New skills are developed in Controlling the Camera to avoid it. In fact, I’m implementing a new form of game mechanics, scoring, damage, and other effects based on camera perspective.

Movies don’t keep the Viewer in single perspective for long duration, thus in my opinion, to achieve True Cinematic Feel, the player’s Camera Perspectives needs to switch just like in Movies in addition to Photorealism. We turn up the process a notch by adding interactivity where the player can control these perspectives on-demand.

1 Like