UE5 is Crashing , can anyone help?

Hello everyone ,
i launchedUE5_5.0 after i downloaded it directly ( debugging symbols is downloaded ) so i picked up the first person template to test he engine and then i clicked create after the loading screen reached 100 % it crashes and give me this :

" LoginId: …
EpicAccountId: …

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000008

atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
atidxx64
kernel32
ntdll "
the log report was :

" LogWindows: Failed to load ‘aqProf.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘aqProf.dll’ does not exist
LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from …/…/…/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64).
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Started CrashReportClient (pid=15088)
LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.
LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default. "

1. Delete “Saved” and “Intermediate” folders on your project folder and on c:\users{your user}\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine{ue version(5.0) AND Common}, ive deleted “XmlConfigCache-S+UE_5.0.bin” too but idk…

2. Open cmd as admin run “sfc /scannow” then run “regsvr32 /u aqprof.dll”, “regsvr32 /u VSPerf140.dll”, “regsvr32 /u VtuneApi.dll”, “regsvr32 /u VtuneApi32e.dll” youll get some errors then run " regsvr32 /i aqprof.dll", " regsvr32 /i VSPerf140.dll" , " regsvr32 /i VtuneApi.dll", " regsvr32 /i VtuneApi32e.dll" you can check this info on jogos crashando - Microsoft Community (portuguese)

3. This happens on my project on a Actor/Actor Component using an Custom Event running on server with a Structure and a Integer on Input.

2 Likes

hi @Clamesis Update your drivers to DirectX12 here

The support for Directx11 has finished
see
Hardware and Software Specifications for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine Documentation

1 Like

Hello @Rodolfoxs1 , thanks for helping i really appreciate that , i’ve done what you said but the thing is i don’t have the .dll files and i think that’s the prob. i suppose to :grin:

1 Like

Hello @Jimbohalo10 , thanks for helping i appreciate that so much , I see i’ll update the drivers and hope it’s gonna fix the issue thx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I found a solution , i deleted the content of the ue5 project and then went to my ue4 project ( any project will work ) copied it’s content and then paste it in the ue5 project and it opened without any error . ( i didn’t expect to work but it did i litteraly tried everything even i reinstasll the engine but only this solution work )

2 Likes

I just removed the whole section [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] in MY_PROJECT/Config/DefaultEngine.ini

I still can’t open unreal it keeps giving me atidxx64 ERRORS