UE5 - IK Retargeter not properly positioning IK bones

Hey everyone!

I have been struggling several days now trying to retarget the IK bones from a custom animation pack that uses the UE4 skeleton.

I am trying to retarget it to a custom character with the proper UE skeleton hierarchy + additional bones.

I have created both IK Rigs with goals and bone chains (taking the UE4 IK rig from Thirdperson template). So far so good. I can retarget all animations I want with IK Retargeter and the rest of bones work great.

However, IK bones are not correctly placed in the right location.

I’m using Globally Scaled option in the root bone and also have tried different settings in the IK bones (Gobally Scaled, Absolute) with no avail.

Did this happen to anyone? I’ve searched unreal forums without luck, most close thing I found with answers was related to virtual bones instead.

And this post whithout, unfortunately.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Leaving some more pictures:

2 Likes

Facing the same issues. I just migrated my project from 4.27 to 5.1 and after a full week of trial and error, testing different options and watching pretty much all the video online, I never got my IK bones / Virtual Bones to work either :frowning: … with pretty much the same unfortunate results…