UE5 - How to disable World Partion?

Hi, documentation is not updated and project settings does not have a enable/disable option for World Partition anymore, I found a video, explaining that you have to convert your level with: tools/convert… but when I select my level:

It doesn’t allow me to convert it to level streaming, and the level streaming menu, does not allow me to use it because World Partition is enable… and I do not want to use WP… I need Leven Streaming for my current project.

Please help

Can you just make a new map? Then just use ‘Basic’.

What “basic” means? no basic option after making a level, you just create a level and that’s it:

Also World Settings have World Partition options that are absolutely useless:

No matter what I check… now, I can’t use Level Streaming, nor world partition, and since documentation is dated, even in youtube, there are solutions that are dated… and other streamers also can’t use it… so, not just me,

Not at a machine rn to test this…

1 Like

Hey there @DraxFX! I know this is a bit late, but Clockwork was talking about this:

2 Likes

nice

Literally running into the same brick wall. Looking around for fixes and it seems like there is no way but to create a new non-partitioned world/map. Sucks…

3 Likes

Hey @WizardCell, @Stanislav, in my current version (5.0.3) and template (third person), the template level “Basic” doesn’t seem to have world partition enabled. So I’m having trouble replicating this issue. Could I grab a bit more information about your projects?

Yeah, I’m on (5.0.3) too, and “Basic” template level doesn’t have WP enabled for me too. However, the ThirdPersonMap (from the ThirdPerson template) does have it enabled. I was wondering how I can disable it for such a level. The workaround was to create a new level, “Basic” template level for example, and then copy stuff over and recreate the level in question, which seems awkward.

Looking in ProjectSettings or WorldSettings didn’t lead me to anything useful.

Ahh yes, apologies. I don’t believe there is currently a converter from world partition to level composition. I’ve seen this request a number of times so I’m going to look into the source to see if WP is somewhat easier to reverse.

4 Likes

Oh thanks, good to know! I thought I overlooked a setting somewhere. Hopefully it’s doable in 5.1!

1 Like

Hi. Also want to convert my level to non-worldpartition. Any news on the conversion tool?
In the meantime, can anyone point to a nice tutorial for quuckly copying over all the assets of a level to new one? Sorry noob here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there @thhm! Sorry to say it was a bit more complex of a translation than I thought. No word on official tools either. Copying most things is as simple as first making sure there’s no folders in the outliner, then shift select everything in the outliner, then Ctrl+C to copy, then make a new level as described earlier in this post, then hit Ctrl+V and bam! Most things will transfer in fine, but terrain can be a bit funky and any hard references you set while in the other level will break and need to be retargeted.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

I will carry over my assets and just start with a clean level. Cheers!

yes, all I a want is a clean level.

If all you need is a clean level without world partition, this answer has got you covered!

In UE 5.2 I see the button Disable World Partition inside of World Settings. But the issue is that after I do that, all objects on the map disappear (even from the outliner).

When I put something new to that level it is visible, until I close the level.
When I open it later it also disappears.
So level looks completely useless now.

But Levels windows is enabled

I’m curious if I lost everything in the scene or if there is a way to load them back.
If it just deletes everything there should be some warning.

Why everything in UE is so weird (half finished)?

I found that reference viewer still see all the level actor which was there

Hey there @ATomCZ1! I wasn’t even aware that this feature was releasing at the time of this post, but it’s likely new to 5.2 and in alpha. I’m going to do a couple of tests to see how it runs then check the source to see how it works under the hood and see if I can find anything.

There is no alpha sign anywhere, it even did not need to enable some plugin, is there by default, no warning, but also no mention in the oficial documentation.