UE5 - How to disable World Partion?

Sorry about that! Unfortunately documentation will always follow behind engine releases, especially here on the bleeding edge releases. In this case, I wasn’t even aware that a PR to disable WP had made it in to 5.2, but in this case we’ll have to submit a bug report.

You already did it? Or should I do it? I already reported some bugs before, but I could never find them here https://issues.unrealengine.com/, even my own bug reports. So I don’t understand how it works. I have basically no way how to check if something was fixed already.

And yes documentation is sadly quite basic even for long-time existing staff, is basically impossible to get answers from it, just from youtube videos or forum :frowning:

I often make a quick report of the issues on my side, however in cases when things aren’t 1:1 replicable it’s often better to have the user who experienced it report it in case any environmental circumstances can be understood. In my replication it didn’t wipe everything out, but did have some missing actors so there seems to be more to the issue than first thought, so I’d recommend making a report from your side so that more information can be gleaned if the team requires it.

As for the issues site, it’s somewhat esoteric from the outside, but when issues causes overlap they often get submitted under a previously submitted issue as a side-effect. This can mean that seemingly larger issues seem to be going unknown but in quite a few of the cases I’ve followed they were just side-effects of larger issues already added.

OK. Thanks!. So I can basically report it as a new issue since there is no way how to just add my comments to the issue that you reported. I can even provide my project because it was just some testing project.

Correct! There are even methods to upload what you need on the report form. If I come across any new information on this, I’ll let you know. If you have any questions about the form, feel free to message me directly!

" Press X To Doubt".

1. Create new project from Third Person template.
  2. Press Disable World Partition button.
  3. Map is broken, no actors.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/463443057fb97f1af0d2951705324ce8818d2■■■/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/WorldPartition/WorldPartition.cpp#L984

So is this an expected behavior?

Oh good find! Judging by that function it seems to be destroying all data layers and WP minimaps. I’m unfamiliar with the code behind data layers but if they act as parents to the actors below it could very well be intended.

I had believed it’s intention to be non-destrucive, so it seems that this is not the case with that function (at least as of yet).

So, it’s fixed in ue5-main branch:
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/2715563aa28ca13fac2d12c341d68b2d9a8ae3e9

I wonder how the Disable World Partition button appeared in 5.2 release, but the fix that is needed for the button to work properly was left behind.
Also, @SupportiveEntity, could you tell why Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-179628) is private?

Good to know there’s a fix in the pipeline! It’s possible it was discovered after the update was cleared after the cut off for the last patch. I’m uncertain why as to why it would be private. I don’t seem to have high enough permissions to view it either, so it’s possible it’s only visible on the internal Jira system that the issues site mirrors. That message also appears for invalid ticket numbers as well.

While using “Disable World Partition” I’ve spotted a couple of small issues. Made PRs with fixes:
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/10608
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/10609

@SupportiveEntity, could you please check the descriptions in that pull requests. Do they provide enough information? Or do I need to report those issues using bug submission form as well?

Oh these descriptions are better than the PRs I’ve put in so you have my stamp of approval already hahah! The cases are great, the only expansion I would do normally is to mention it’s severity and the ticket it’s in response to though since there is none, or hidden this doesn’t apply here. Both are straight forward on the issue noticed and what the PR targets to fix it. Though I’m not on the review team, so take that with a grain of salt!

Hopefully they get reviewed in time for the next release but judging by the speed some things are ramping up it’s possibly going to be further down the line. Thanks for contributing!

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

It looks like Landscape actors created with World Partitioning enabled cannot be just copied over to a non-partitioned level. I also tried exporting and importing the landscape with its own tool but still nothing… you just get an empty landscape object.

My gut feeling is that all the data in the world partitioned landscape is stored in children actors or different components, thus when you bring your data in a non-partitioned world, there will not be a data structure available to store that data.

How do i enable world partition when map i bought on the marketplace the developer disabled it? Is there a work around to get it to work? Was told by him he was not able to fix it and it was up to me to fix it.

go into the world setting> "world partition setup> Enable Streaming " uncheck this option go into the advance option and you’ll see disable world partion