UE5 Ground Textures Smudgy

Ever since I’ve switched my project from UE 4.27 to UE5, my landscape textures appear to be always muddy and only increase in quality as I get closer, almost right up in front of it.

As soon as I move backward, the textures go back to being low quality. I’ve seen that this could be a mipmap issue, but nothing I’ve tried seems to be working.

I also went ahead and created a new project entirely with the same map and materials the issue still happened in there so could it possibly be a UE5 setting? Anything would be helpfull

Hi @Venomous_Films! Welcome to the Forums!

Does this happen with just the landscape or whatever you place the material on? Have you checked your LODs for your terrain? Are there any other objects or materials doing this?

In the meantime, here is a forum post with a similar issue that may help:

Textures still rendered blurry when viewed from a distance

Any more information you can provide will help solve your issue!

1 Like

Hey there!

After testing it out, it appears that every material or texture I paint onto the surface turns low quality. However, when I switch out the current ground texture to something else ,such as a random dirt texture, it appears fine.

Regarding the LODS and Materials, no other material or object in my world is muddy in any way and the LODS for the landscape are all in order.

This is the blueprint for the Landscape. There seems to be something causing this weird issue to occur.