UE5 Fade In/Out in simulation (How to turn off?)

Hello everyone! I’m new to UE5, so this question may sound silly but nevertheless. I made a scene using a purchased level template with a blueprint, created a sequence, made an animation and sent it for rendering. During rendering a simulation starts (I don’t know if this always happens or only in this case)
and each time the rendering starts with the fade-in effect. It was strange but I didn’t try to find a solution to the problem, as it didn’t really spoil the end result. But the video grew to a duration of 4 minutes and then I caught another effect, this time - fade-out. It occurred at the same place in the video - at the 90th second.

By trial and fails (it took 3 days), I found out that the effect is somehow embedded in the simulation. The simulation starts with the fade-in, after 90 seconds the fade-out occurs and then the light and color return as if nothing had happened. Can you advise me on how I can disable this effect, where to look, what to search for?

Thank you in advance.

There’s multiple ways to implement Fade In/Out so this might be a bit hard to figure out. But I would start by searching all Blueprints for “Fade” by doing the following :

1. Open a Find in Blueprints window by going to Tools → Find in Blueprints → Find in Blueprints 1

2. In the search bar of the Find in Blueprints window, search for “Fade”.

3. It will bring up a bunch of stuff that includes fade in it.

[This will bring up different results based on your project]

4. I would first look for “Start Camera Fade”, “End Camera Fade” etc. That’s the main way to add a fade effect.

5. You can double click any of the results marked with image or image or image to go to where it’s implemented and remove it.

But, this might not work if the fade was implemented using a Level Sequence. If that’s the case, there might be a fade track in the sequence you’re trying to render.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response!

I happened to stumble upon the cause of the issue. It was a blueprint that I couldn’t seem to locate in the Content Drawer.

Initially, I attempted to interact with it but UE kept throwing a bunch of errors at me, so I decided not to touch it.

However, it turns out that the problem was in that blueprint (and my clumsy hands). I discovered this by accidentally deleting it.
It referenced data that wasn’t in the Content Drawer (Matinee Data), which included the sequence interpolation time (it was locked, and I’m not sure how to change that).

I simply started checking all the variables in this blueprint and I found what I needed.
“Preferred Split Screen Num: preferred local viewport number (when split screen is active) the director track should associate with, or zero for “all”.”

After setting the value to “2” and everything returned to normal.

1 Like