UE5 - Enabling Nanite makes Quixel meshes to lose collisions, why?

Hi, I was testing Quixel, imported a mesh to UE5 with “nanite” setting ON, and figured out it had no collisions, I loaded the mesh editor, and clicking “show” then, “complex collisions” showed nothing

BUT, if I disable nanite, collisions are back instantly, why?

The only solution I found, was, after enabling nanite, I had to load the mesh editor, click collision and use a simple option or use the “convex decomposition” option to create collisions for the nanite mesh, but even raising all values to the top, I cant get detailed complex collisions, but after this process, Nanite meshes have collisions enabled, they are really bad… and If I disable nanite again, the original mesh collisions instantly re-appear.

Nanite Enable: no collisions and main character falls:

Nanite Disabled: Instant Collisions:

Nanite uses the proxy mesh for complex collision, you can increase the precision and triangle count of the proxy.

Thank you, but I got some crashes, after pressing apply changes:

after that, I wanted to test collisions and the scene froze as I got close to the asset, and even navigating in the viewport was difficult for a while,

Picture taken After jumping into the mesh, PIE froze before landing:

Video:

If I don’t press “apply changes” I don’t get collisions, and If I press it, as son as my character jumps or gets closer to the mesh, the UE PIE freezes, it doesn’t completely crash I still can get out by pressing escape, but then… I get navigation issues in the viewport… and I cant play anymore, play mode starts frozen like in the video, I have to wait and keep testing… (BTW If use this method “proxy…” I can´t preview collisions in the mesh editor, as I do with the Convex Decomposition tool, when I click “show” and then: simple or complex collisions… probably because of the “Nanite proxy” option in the “show menu” as referenced in the documentation and being a different method).

But… I think I probably found a solution (or cause): You should avoid lowering “proxy triangle percent” lower than 10, any lower value can cause this issue, keeping it higher (like in my picture, over 15.6) and the crash is not as frequent, but it can still happen, and there is not an undo or disable option for this “proxy” process after I applied changes. Epic should give me a job just for helping so much ahaha LOL

For now, I’ll stay with the convex decomposition tool, but… it is not as accurate.