UE5 Dof Flickering

Hi! When I’m using Dof, it causes crazy flickering as you can see in the gif. I searched and tried a lot of different solutions, but I couldn’t get rid of these flickering. Do you know how I can solve this problem? Thanks!

If may be artifacts caused by TSR reconstruction. Try turning off TSR and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for you reply. If do you mean TSR in Project Settings, I chose “none”. After this, the flickering is still have but smaller. But now, its looking noisy.

Btw, Im using movie render queue.

Is there any way to do or flickering always be there?
flicker-error-2

I’ve also read that enabling Temporal AA can fix this type of artifacting.

Where can I enable Temporal AA? In movie render queue?

Here is a youtube video explaining it

You can also choose the anti aliasing method there.

Thanks for your help! I tried both but I still have this flickering. If aynone have another solution, it would be great to hear.

2 Likes

Same issue here, it happens on all AA methods, with and without upsampling.
UE 5.3.
Similar issue can be seen here: Weird flickering using foliage and DoF

I have the simiral issue, I just set my Direct X version to 11 instead of 12 and it fixed the issue for me.
you can change this in the project settings by searching Direct X and scroll down at the last

That’s interesting, I wonder why it behaves like that on DX12. Unfortunately, DX12 is required for some features (e.g. Nanite), but it sounds like a good workaround for some projects until the DoF flicker is fixed properly for DX12.

What i found out ot is due to very narrow meshes, the fallback mesh mess it up badly in the background!

Also a limitation of lumen, try path tracing! My solution is to not use shallow depth of field, and i try to avoid closeups with narrow or thin edges!