UE5 Deadline Integration

Hello, is it possible to know if the are any plans to add support for Deadline in UE5?
On this page (FAQ: Rendering - Docs - Epic Developer Community Forums) it is mentioned that there was a plan to “integrate Deadline out of the box for 4.26”.

The current integration of Deadline for UE doesn’t support Movie Render Queue.

I mean, it’s fairly easy to just submit a job using the command line, but being able to split the process into different tasks (like one task per frame), and keep track of the progress is not straightforward to implement, even though there’s already everything to do that, it’s just not implemented.

I’ve already saw this post (Command Line Rendering With Unreal Engine Movie Render Queue | Community tutorial). I’m just wondering if we can expect something done from Epic or not.

Thanks

1 Like

We’re interested in this as well. It seems like Epic had plans for this on version 4.26 roadmap but never came to fruition.
On the AWS Deadline forums there’s a few people going through this, it seems like one of them has a working plugin for a previous version of the engine. Perhaps this is a conversation that can be continued there.

Best,

I’m also very interested in this. I found an example from Epic here [Overview of Setting Up A Render Farms With Unreal Engine | Community tutorial] but it is for 5.0 and I’[m on 5.1. I was able to easily modify the Deadline plugin to use the movie render queue (it’s just a few commandline arguments) but as you said splitting shots up, tracking progress, etc is very complex for me - and I’ve done a fair amount of Deadline programming in python… (Overview of Setting Up A Render Farms With Unreal Engine | Community tutorial)

1 Like

I saw that too! I was hoping for a more out-of-the-box solutions, but it seems to be less practical than expected.