Ue5 create destructible mesh (apex destruction) causes crash

UECC-Windows-4D806BAE4DE771B891ED738B6EC17A17_0000.zip (160.6 KB)

Also when i tried to import a .apb created in physx lab ,it would not import .

Also migrating a destructible mesh created in ue4 kinda works but when opening it ,preview depth is listed as invalid and moving the explosion slider has no effect .
I tested importing the .apb in ue4 and it worked ,i also created a destructible mesh from the same mesh and it worked .

I asked the same question weeks ago got no reply, enabling it like @Jorge_Musalem said in target.cs doesn’t enable it in UE5 even the option on the drop down to create a DM from a static mesh is missing.

Apex Destruction and PhysX have been fully depreciated in UE5. You will need to use Chaos destruction and physics moving forward.

It will be but hasn’t been in the EA of UE5 as stated here. Using Apex in UE5 Early Access

Got it working now.

Hey! It is great that you got it working. Can you please enlighten me how? I am experiencing the same issue. Hope you can out!

Has there been any follow-up as to how to add Destructible Meshes in UE5? I have the plugin enabled but the option is not available.

Same here.

Any news on this topic ?

1 Like

yah same here

1 Like

I upgraded my project from 4.27.2 → 5.0.1 (yeah I know, stupid, right?).
I never learn my lesson with upgrading.

Anyways, all my DM’s no longer work.
Someone mentioned to use Chaos instead (which is enabled by default) but how do I actually use it?

1 Like

Yeah we have to use chaos.