Ue5 crash when trying play

Found a workaround - disable motion blur in the character’s camera settings

1 Like

UE5 on a new clean project crashes when trying to select a character or press the play button.

log:

Assertion failed: ClearValue.ColorBinding == EClearBinding::EColorBound [File:D:/build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Commands.cpp] [Line: 1129] Texture: MotionBlur.SceneColor does not have a color bound for fast clears

1 Like

i cant even do that, when i click on the player character i get the same error as when i want to hit play

1 Like

same issue on UE5

1 Like

Search motion blur in project setting and disable it

This works for me too. Interesting…

Preface: I am very new to UE so I am still learning the tools and vocabulary, and this answer only solved the crash when selecting the player character. My setup still crashes when I hit play.

I experienced the same issue, crashing UE5 editor when selecting the player character, and therefore could not set Motion Blur to 0.0

To solve this, I turned off Realtime Rendering in the viewport (CTRL + R or uncheck “Realtime” in the hamburger menu at the top left of the viewport). I also turned off “Allow Cinematic Controls” (Also found in the hamburger menu).

I was then able to select the character, then it’s FollowCamera Attribute, and search for the “Post Processing” section and set the motion blue amount to 0.0.

I can now turn on both real-time rendering and allow cinematic control without crashing, however the same error as OP persists when pressing play.

Update:

If you disable motion blur in the project settings you should be able to run the game.

Credit goes to this Unreal Engine forum’s post:

With my Oculus Rift CV1 connected I get the same error. People say you have to unplug your rift (which works) but I find it better to follow these steps:

1. Open task manager (ctrl + shift + esc)
  2. go to Services
  3. Find OVRService and right click → stop

When you want to play VR again just start Oculus again, or start OVRService again it doesn’t really matter tbh.

1 Like

спасибо, очень помог

Oculus CV1 was the actual culprit for me. Didn’t have to change any other settings other than disable the Oculus Rift plugin. Go to plugins → VR and disable Oculus.

thanks, was looking for a solution all yesterday and today. I had disabled in post processing but not in project settings

This seems to have helped a lot. I will have to do testing for several hours on a Shipping Build. But so far crashing has stopped.

DCJUSTINDC, your method worked for me! It stopped crashing after I disabled ‘real-time rendering’, and ‘Allow cinematic control’!

You saved my life. I had it all maxed out all of them. Just reverted them back to normal settings and now it works fine.