UE5 | Cove of Lozdrog | Real-Time Footage

Cove of Lozdrog
Project: Eternal Guardian: Forbidden Portals
Unreal Engine 5.0.2
Student Submission: Yes/No (No)

New Lighting Composition Adjustment | Real-Time Lapse Gameplay Footage | No Bake Lights | Dynamic Lights | Day/Night Cycle | World Temp/Weather Effects

Enjoy it…!!

My name is Carlos Suarez I’m 3D Modeler and Environment Artist. I start using Unreal Engine 2 years ago. Since then I’ve been working in my own videogame Called: Eternal Guardian Forbidden Portals. Upgrading my project to Unreal Engine 5 it has given a boost to the visual quality and performance.

Creating real-time lighting for a video game is quite a challenge. In an Open World Game you can go wherever you want and look anywhere, so it is essential that the Level Design and the environment looks good at all times. For this I’ve had to collect hundreds of images and videos of nature and use them as references, spending hours of observation and study.

I’ve worked on my own photogrammetry equipment, specifically to be used for my Landscape Shader Material. To build my World I used High Resolution Heightmap Data, then I import into Unreal to create a Landscape with a resolution of 1 pixel per meter. To simulate Cloth Physic I use the new Chaos Physics system that allow me to increase collision support per cloth upon 32 spheres, additional wrap deformer with increased influence quality and take advantage of the Full Cloth LOD support that brings with this new features. To place foliage, I used a Procedural Technique based on the Slope Angle of the Terrain and Layering Seed Distance.

About Lighting, I decided use Ultra Dynamic Sky as my main source of light because is a flexible dynamic sky system with several customization options. One of the features that helped me choose this lighting method is mainly two things: A function called “Get Calculate Temperature” which allows subtracting information from the global temperature which is linked to a full weather system, Ultra Dynamic Weather, which adds rain, snow, lightning, and more to your scene in seconds.

When combined with the new UE5 Lumen Reflection Method I was able to set this up in a very few steps and achieve a visual quality BetterLightThanNever…!!

Credits to sourced content:
I want to thanks Epic Games for letting me use the Unreal Engine for free which is fabulous.

I want to thank God for giving me patience, intelligence and enlightenment in the difficult moments that I’ve gone through on this journey.

UE Marketplace Assets, Plugins & Blueprints used:

• Riding System in Blueprints (Multiplayer)
  • Horse Sounds Pro
  • Dragon IK
  • Power IK
  • Advance Locomotion System V4 (ALSV4)
  • Blender Foundation ver2.92
  • Reallusion Products (CC3.4-SkinGen / iClone v7.92-Curve Editor / 3DXchange)
  • Marvelous Designer
  • TerreSculptor 2.0
  • Ultimate Medieval Weapons Package / 300+ variations
  • Ultra Dynamic Sky
  • Procedural Forest
  • Nature Ambience SFX Pack

51 Likes

Beautiful well done!

1 Like

Nice scene very detailed and littered with foliage, Shows what lumen is capable of for sure!

1 Like

Thank you JededlahTheWolf. Glad you like it…!!

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it a lot.

Just amazing!!! Well done ! I just cannot wsit to see the game finished.

1 Like

Thank you Luis…!! Love that …!!! :+1:

Excellent !!! Amazing !!! Great Job !!!

2 Likes

Very cool atmosphere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent, that’s amazing!!!

1 Like

Thank You Cangar. Love your work too!!

The Atmosphere is cold and feels sofocating …Very impresive work. You’ve put a lot of effort into this son I wish you the best.

Regards.

2 Likes

great lighting work, both the sound effects of the horse and the singing of the bird, the shadow effect of the environment is impressive and the background of the stage is very successful, continue like this, good luck

2 Likes

Awesome work!

1 Like

Amazing Job , cant wait :fire::fire:

1 Like

Amazing! Well done! Beautiful scenery!

1 Like

Se ve prometedor, felicitaciones a ambos! Estaré esperando a su versión final

1 Like

Greetings @AGH_NAGGAR !

I must say that the Cove of Lozdrog is hauntingly beautiful! All of your hard work learning and studying has produced a wondrous world to explore and become immersed within. Thank you for your awesome submission!

1 Like

Nice work. I like the suspense of hiding in the foliage with something walking by in the distance.
Was hoping for a screenshot of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deeply grateful for your words of support. It encourages me to keep giving my best. :grinning:

1 Like