UE5.8: Lumen Hardware Ray Tracing shows abnormal lighting and reflection results when running in the Editor on AMD 6000+ series GPUs (images attached). Is there a way to fix this issue?

I tested the same project with identical project settings on two different computers.

On the AMD GPU system, when running the project in the Editor with Hardware Ray Tracing enabled, the corners of the scene become significantly darker, and the reflections also appear incorrect. However, the packaged build renders normally. The GPU used is an AMD RX 6750 XT.

On the NVIDIA GPU system, this issue does not occur.

Although this does not affect the final packaged output, I would still like to find a way to keep the lighting and reflections displaying correctly when developing on computers with different GPUs.

I could really use some help figuring this out

I recently had something related. Reflections on smooth objects were NUTS, it took me about 3 months before I stumbled across the cause.

Take a look at the Lumen scene view. Your level should look roughly the same but fuzzier.

If anything just isn’t there, or is the wrong shape, you have to find out what’s wrong with it’s distance field.

Mostly, it’s just missing, but sometimes collision needs adding to the mesh, or the DF resolution needs increasing a bit.